PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Post your gigs.

Reading and Leeds announce they are going ahead late August.

Shall see what happens now with the ones we actually want to attend but a positive step

I'd rather spend a week with John T than go to wither of those
Likewise

it seems to have sparked a few others into life, sounds like End Of the Road sold out on the back of that announcement. Our first of the Summer is first week in July but only small scale so be interesting if they all take the June date as guaranteed

Likewise

it seems to have sparked a few others into life, sounds like End Of the Road sold out on the back of that announcement. Our first of the Summer is first week in July but only small scale so be interesting if they all take the June date as guaranteed
I've been given the go-ahead to arrange a company festival at work. Going to be ace!

I've been given the go-ahead to arrange a company festival at work. Going to be ace!

By works festival you mean a team building event where you'll all be wearing matching t-shirts and trying to complete a puzzle involving drainpipes and bean bags and a lunch of limp sandwiches

I'd rather spend a week with John T than go to wither of those
Went to Leeds a couple of times when i was younger, but looking at the lineup they've announced, it seems to have gone away from it's rockier roots and becoming a pop festival, same thing that saw the end of V festival
Its positive news that they think they can go ahead, but i doubt it'll be full capacity

I bought a ticket to Bearded Theory a while back as a bunch of mates are going. The proposed line up last year was gash but it's a cracking little festival.

In retrospect does anyone think it was a cock up to cancel Glastonbury?
Think their issue is the preparation time and given the opening up dates are still so close to their planned dates it would have been a close call. Maybe if the June 21st stuff had been announced a month earlier or so they may have had second thoughts

In retrospect does anyone think it was a cock up to cancel Glastonbury?
I have a ticket but think they made the right decision, no chance they would let 180k people spend 5 days in a field with no social distancing and little access to clean toilets/showers so soon after the governments planned 'return to normal' date. The only option that might have been able to do was to delay it until later in the summer but even then, i dont think having that many people at a festival would be a good idea

I have a ticket but think they made the right decision, no chance they would let 180k people spend 5 days in a field with no social distancing and little access to clean toilets/showers so soon after the governments planned 'return to normal' date. The only option that might have been able to do was to delay it until later in the summer but even then, i dont think having that many people at a festival would be a good idea
I agree. I think I'm correct in saying that they start on the site in February, the preparation is a huge operation.

I have to say that I was hugely down after it was cancelled, but not for long. I feel a bit sorry for people that didn't score a ticket and now have to wait until 2023.

They have a point (not sure NBHD have even said you require proof have they, just that you'll have to abide what ever restrictions are in place by that point?)

1614875051459.png

They have a point (not sure NBHD have even said you require proof have they, just that you'll have to abide what ever restrictions are in place by that point?)

View attachment 3181
Having seen a few of Ian Brown's tweets over the last few months, i've come to the conclusion that he is a f*ing idiot! As the person replying in that tweet has pointed out, is put loads of substances into his body over the years which have not been approved by scientists and medical experts yet he wont take a vaccine which is designed to get life back to normal and allow him to do his job

Having seen a few of Ian Brown's tweets over the last few months, i've come to the conclusion that he is a f*ing idiot! As the person replying in that tweet has pointed out, is put loads of substances into his body over the years which have not been approved by scientists and medical experts yet he wont take a vaccine which is designed to get life back to normal and allow him to do his job
He was on remand at Preston Prison and my dad used to teach there. Had him in class and said he was a bell end

View attachment 3181
The bloke is an absolute fucking tit. The festival is better off without him anyway and there are far more talented artists on there, including James who have replaced him.

The bloke is an absolute fucking tit. The festival is better off without him anyway and there are far more talented artists on there, including James who have replaced him.

He was the worst part of an already mediocre band.

Why you'd go see him live is beyond me