PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Matchday Thread Stoke City v PNE - 2/09/23 - KO:3PM - Championship

How about saying that the supposed top six have not been tested against us yet....be more positive and use psychology
The top six don't really worry me. It's how we handle teams like Cardiff and Millwall at Deepdale. We struggled last season but we're more creative this time and should be able to break them down.
There seems to be more teams who love to have 70% in the division this year and that suits us just fine.

𝗘𝗙𝗟 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗺𝗽𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗽 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟯-𝟮𝟰
𝗚𝗪𝟱 𝗧𝗼𝗽 𝗧𝗲𝗮𝗺𝘀
𝗣𝗼𝘀𝘀𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻

1⃣ Stoke City 70% #SCFC
2⃣ Southampton 68% #SaintsFC
3⃣ Leeds United 67% #LUFC
4⃣ Leicester City 65% #LCFC
5⃣ Norwich City 63% #NCFC
6⃣ Middlesbrough 62% #Boro
↔️ WBA 62% #WBA

𝗘𝗙𝗟 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗺𝗽𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗽 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟯-𝟮𝟰
𝗚𝗪𝟱 𝗧𝗼𝗽 𝗧𝗲𝗮𝗺𝘀
𝗣𝗼𝘀𝘀𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻

1⃣ Stoke City 70% #SCFC
↔️ WBA 62% #WBA
Saw this on Twitter earlier...the common denominator being that none of these teams won!

None of the highlights I've seen have shown Pearson's booking - what did he actually do to get the yellow?
They probably hadn’t started filming at that stage and missed it. It was quite funny really, because I was going to post on the MDT that Pearson would be a good bet to receive the first yellow card of the game, and before I got chance to post it, he’d already got one.

For the last 3 weeks Brad Potts has actually been dribbling forwards. Have we got a new coach or instructions ?
I seem to remember someone on here saying Potts hadn't the confidence to take opponents on & beat them. Then weirdly, he started to do just that👍, about three weeks ago !

The top six don't really worry me. It's how we handle teams like Cardiff and Millwall at Deepdale. We struggled last season but we're more creative this time and should be able to break them down.
There seems to be more teams who love to have 70% in the division this year and that suits us just fine.
It's how Gary Rowett's teams seem to always suss us out over the seasons, wherever he's managed, that really winds me up.

They probably hadn’t started filming at that stage and missed it. It was quite funny really, because I was going to post on the MDT that Pearson would be a good bet to receive the first yellow card of the game, and before I got chance to post it, he’d already got one.

Is 10-1 on a good bet?

𝗘𝗙𝗟 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗺𝗽𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗽 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟯-𝟮𝟰
𝗚𝗪𝟱 𝗧𝗼𝗽 𝗧𝗲𝗮𝗺𝘀
𝗣𝗼𝘀𝘀𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻

1⃣ Stoke City 70% #SCFC
↔️ WBA 62% #WBA
I have Leeds fans point these out to me.Its meaningless. What counts is that you have a minimum of 50% of the goals, weve had 50% v Briz, 66 % v Sland and orrible Swans and 100% v Wedys and Deck chairs.

Ever since Saturday I’ve had the same recurring dream......

That’s 3 mornings I’ve woken up after dreaming we were top of the table.....

Must stop eating cheese in the evening, have a bit of butter pie instead for supper.

I'm in Spain at the moment , has anything been said about Mas ? Was it an injury or tactical?

Definitely tactical. He should have been booked at least 3 times in that first half! Top niggly shithousery! So then we brought on another one...

Last night at work, for some strange unfathomable reason, my usual enriched vocabulary was reduced to a few sporadic words, mainly in the earshot of any Dingles, Lashers or Plastics, which consisted only of "Say we are top the league, say we are top the league".

Having checked Google, the symptoms mean it'll be at least another 2 weeks, maybe even longer, before my enriched vocabulary returns.

Anyone else suffering this recent phenomenon?

😬 😂

Last night at work, for some strange unfathomable reason, my usual enriched vocabulary was reduced to a few sporadic words, mainly in the earshot of any Dingles, Lashers or Plastics, which consisted only of "Say we are top the league, say we are top the league".

Having checked Google, the symptoms mean it'll be at least another 2 weeks, maybe even longer, before my enriched vocabulary returns.

Anyone else suffering this recent phenomenon?

😬 😂
Not really, 'Say we are top of the league' missus wants me to go see the GP, she said I keep repeating the same thing in my sleep.