PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Summer 2022 : Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

I wasn't having a pop at you.

Anyway, I have caught up reading about 40 pages of this thread, I was quite surprised at 2am when I read the 1st few pages. Actually shocked me the outcome. Didn't see this coming.

But my main point is this, if you don't like a thread, then don't read it people or if curiosity gets the better of you, then refrain from posting on it.

I'm going to cheer myself up now by going to Deepdale to buy 2 Wigan tickets where I can look forward to watching our heroes struggle to overwhelm a basic Wigan side. 😂
I don’t really understand the argument of “there’s nothing happening so understandable that conversation topics will drift off topic” (not aiming this at you btw)

There’s literally areas of this forum dedicated to off topic/random chat. Why would you confine yourself to a transfer rumour thread to talk about unfunny shite? Do it where it’s supposed to be?

Don’t know why I’ve quoted you here JD as this isn’t really relevant to what you said but there we go.

Why should he come back to a club that clearly has no ambition?
I feel this post sums up why a daily visit to this thread has become a very sobering read indeed. It could be argued that a club that is looking to get Cameron Archer on loan for the season (& the associated cost) IS showing ambition. Social Media & forums like this heighten the expectation of constant good news on almost a daily basis. It just doesnt work like that. Patience is required during transfer windows that simply favour the bigger clubs & I sometimes struggle to see the need of. Transfers dont just click in to place immediately for clubs that are frugal like us.... & no that does not equate to unambitious. The levels of impatience displayed have been off the scale & social media/ this forum has become toxic. When it reaches the point where a valued poster like Chip Barm feels it is no longer worth the hassle, then questions need to be asked.
I feel that the club will get near to matching ours & Ryan Lowes ambitions within this window. But it will have been a slow & painstaking process. Do fingers of blame need to be pointed for that? Perhaps, but NONE of us know the full story of our recruitment efforts this summer. Will the recruitment be perfect and please everyone? No... it never does.
But please stop the hysteria & negativity. Lets not be on a complete downer before the season has even begun. This poster & others need to give their head a wobble

I think S.G. will have learned two things about Archer:
1. He's not quite ready for Premiership football, very few strikers of his age are.
2. Archer's an ordinary guy, who needs to go to a down to earth club, where he can develop and be kept away from big time Charlies and unwanted noise.

This chat about Archer wanting to come back here is doing my head in.

People are basing this off one interview, that meant nothing, months ago.

I've also seen comments saying we'll match 'any Championship offer' because Ridsdale said so. Peter Ridsdale, the well known 'we did our best' merchant.

Obviously, I'd love Archer back here, but we really need to move on from this agenda that he's only coming back here. Not how football works.
I have always thought CA would be back this season and still do.

I read it as these being the same 2 deals.
2 loans with 1 agreed on principle and the other awaiting to hear back from the club
Yeah, but then all the "four" stuff would make no sense, so that can't be what he meant.

There’ll be many plates spinning and it may appear like we only have a few targets (Sterling, Robinson, Archer, Alvarez etc) but that’s only because their names somehow made it into the public forum.

Wouldn’t surprise me at all if we sign a couple who are “seemingly out of nowhere”, but in reality work has been ongoing on their transfers for ages.

There’ll be many plates spinning and it may appear like we only have a few targets (Sterling, Robinson, Archer, Alvarez etc) but that’s only because their names somehow made it into the public forum.

Wouldn’t surprise me at all if we sign a couple who are “seemingly out of nowhere”, but in reality work has been ongoing on their transfers for ages.
Alvarez?

Why should he come back to a club that clearly has no ambition?
Well, it's just a loan. It's not as though he's tied to us for 3 or 4 years. He seemed quite happy to be here last season when we had no ambition. His aim at the moment will be to play regularly for a season, score goals and move on to bigger things.

Each to their own, Joan.

Think there are better options than us personally and one good loan spell doesn't mean he'll come back here.

Personally, think he'll stay at Villa.
Fair enough I see why you think that way.

I just think Cameron developed far more than just a football player here. I recall his first day being shown round the training facilities and he was so quiet and shy and by his last day he was fist pumping the crowd. RL and the rest of the team and staff (particularly DJ) appear to have given him so much support and confidence. The fans love him and supported him too. I think there is much more than learning about technical ability in football you have to develop confidence in your own ability and I believe he achieved that in absolute abundance with us.