PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Summer 2023 : Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Norwich are stumping up £7.5 million for a player who played half a season in the championship and scored a few goals against the bottom clubs. Don't get me wrong, I'd have him back at Deepdale, but £7.5 million.

They're looking at things long term.

Good start to the season, Cannon gets around 15 and they go up automatically and he breaks into the England Under 21s and suddenly his value is pretty much Archer at around 20m if not more.

Will only increase if he then looks good at premier league level.

This club used to sign those types e.g. David Healy.

Shows it's stuck in a timewarp a bit consdering he was 1.75m or thereabouts 23 years ago and club still struggle to spend even 2-3m on a position where a really good pick up can get you into the prem.

Get a decent permanent striker from abroad and a left back and no one will give a shit.

Dog shit signings like Freeman and Muskwe won't cut it.
Exactly! If we sign shite like Freeman and Muskwe then it's an absolute joke!

Have Everton not accepted the Norwich bid for Tom Cannon?
All journo speculation...Everton only named 8 on bench, sounds like one dropped out...last minute. If he goes elsewhere...no big deal...not worth paying that much for anyway

If he didn't why would he be there then?

If he didn't give a shit he wouldn't have shown up and would have laughed it back in our face.

Dumb cunt you.
He came for the butties and adulation obviously... 🙄

A professional football club shouldn't allow that situation to arise, no matter how well intentioned. It has totally back fired and made us look tinpot.

If you actually think a footballer of Tom Cannon's calibre is persuaded by a day in the box with pete it's you who's the dumb c-word again.

I've no doubt he probs wanted a season on loan at North end, maybe that was all sorted and agreed in principle, things turned out differently unfortunately, that's football but maybe hang on until its all agreed eh, thank fuck you don't run a football club 😂😂😂

Stoke and a few other clubs are going to come a cropper ...the money some clubs are chucking around to try and get to the prem...is scary , they can't all get promoted...gonna have tp pay the bills at some point, glad we don't do it to be honest

A professional football club shouldn't allow that situation to arise, no matter how well intentioned. It has totally back fired and made us look tinpot.

If you actually think a footballer of Tom Cannon's calibre is persuaded by a day in the box with pete it's you who's the dumb c-word again.

I've no doubt he probs wanted a season on loan at North end, maybe that was all sorted and agreed in principle, things turned out differently unfortunately, that's football but maybe hang on until its all agreed eh, thank fuck you don't run a football club 😂😂😂

Ron's a bellend, but genuinely, who the fuck thinks we look tinpot? Nobody else gives a flying fuck, it's just the segment of our fanbase with an inferiority complex.

Quite weird really, I’ve found that I just don’t really give a shit about us not getting Cannon. Just finally glad that this boring saga is almost over.

Need some big moves next two days though. Gonna be interesting at least.

Just hoping that we get pleasantly surprised. The yellow sticker specials we've signed so far haven't been bad (injuries excluded), and the one premium signing looks good so far, so lets see what we can rustle up.

So something that happens all over the world in football shouldn't happen because you don't agree with it, Jesus christ this really is debating with a donkey.

Well according to the ITKer's it seemed to have worked because he wanted to come to us, only Everton have been fucking us around, I mean if he didn't want to come to us why would he come for the day or be in the directors box.

I mean there's countless times people have looked over at the directors box and seen players in there being given the top treatment, it's how things work. If you choose to ignore that to double down and suit your agenda, continue to do so, it just makes you look thick as fuck.

I know talent aquisition which is transferrable across industry's you clearly don't, it's called buttering up, it happens everywhere.

Original story.

Translated, the article basically says several Spanish clubs are interested in him but he’s in negotiations to come to the Championship to either us or Stoke for a few close to 2.5m euros

Status
Not open for further replies.