PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Summer 2023 : Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Onomah and Johnson, although they didn’t show it every week, were the only midfielders we had who had the potential to do something - be it create a chance or beat a man - basically something more than just being able to run for ages which, with the exception of Whiteman, is the main attributes of Browne and McCann so it’s a shame we’re going to lose both of them.

If we are left with a midfield of Whiteman (if he stays), Browne and McCann I hope we’ve got some quality wingbacks lined up.

Wonder what the issue is. Says we have agreed personal terms...
Didn't we have a similar issue with at least one other potential target last year, when we baulked on the agent fee involved in a transfer? From the brief details given, it could be a similar situation?

Didn't we have a similar issue with at least one other potential target last year, when we baulked on the agent fee involved in a transfer? From the brief details given, it could be a similar situation?
Unfortunately agents don't give a shit about the players they represent. All they are after is a big payday for themselves.

I wouldn’t miss Whiteman too much tbh, he’s decent but nothing special.

What I would worry about is getting a decent fee for him and then using that to replace him. Wouldn’t have much faith in us managing to do either adequately tbh
Whiteman is one of our most important players.

Whatever fee we may sell him for, there is almost no chance we’d replace him with equal or better. Especially on a permanent basis.

We sell him at our peril.

Whiteman is one of our most important players.

Whatever fee we may sell him for, there is almost no chance we’d replace him with equal or better. Especially on a permanent basis.

We sell him at our peril.

But it's almost certain he'll leave for nothing in 12 months. So it's preferable we get as much cash as we can now and be proactive about things.

Regardless of Whiteman’s contract running down, him and woodman are the only players who’d demand decent fees.

That to me suggests he is our best player (and in my own none knowledgeable opinion) some people are happy to sell him and aren’t bothered, wow!! He will be a massive miss next season and we quite simply will not replace him with anyone near his quality!

What wage is whiteman on?
Do we know what he is asking for?
What could he demand next year as a free transfer?

Not being funny as much as some think that we are the be all ....whiteman isn't from preston and its just like any other job..money talks

But it's almost certain he'll leave for nothing in 12 months. So it's preferable we get as much cash as we can now and be proactive about things.
This is true.

But ‘PNE’ and ‘proactive’ are not words I associate with one another.

I’d be all for selling Whiteman, if I had any hope the fee would be shrewdly reinvested to make the first team better.

Do you really think we’ll be trading Whiteman - who is essential in protecting our kamikaze central defence - in for an upgrade?

It’s been obvious for a while the club were looking to sell either Whiteman or Woodman as they were the only two who could demand any sort of decent fee . Wouldn’t be at all surprised if the contract extension he was offered was on less money than he is already on or at the very least no wage rise .
Be very interesting to see how little we accept if any bids come in , this should have been sorted six months ago ,now he’s in his last year our bargaining position is diminished.
Im not his biggest fan but he is one of our better players once again I fear who or if we replace him with .

Regardless of Whiteman’s contract running down, him and woodman are the only players who’d demand decent fees.

That to me suggests he is our best player (and in my own none knowledgeable opinion) some people are happy to sell him and aren’t bothered, wow!! He will be a massive miss next season and we quite simply will not replace him with anyone near his quality!
But it's either get something for him now, or nothing for him after the season if he doesn't sign.

This is true.

But ‘PNE’ and ‘proactive’ are not words I associate with one another.

I’d be all for selling Whiteman, if I had any hope the fee would be shrewdly reinvested to make the first team better.

Do you really think we’ll be trading Whiteman - who is essential in protecting our kamikaze central defence - in for an upgrade?

Doubt it, but if it makes our books look better so someone will consider buying the club, then I'm all for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.