PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Summer 2023 : Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Norman Shakeshaft and the Football scores paper on a Saturday after the games had ended, your last part isn't correct since the Preston Supporters Collective was formed, now have The Gentry Bar, Cheap Season Card also different kit and hospitality suppliers
Never said it did mate. i know, I used to work with Norman Shakeshaft the Saturday paper was the pink sports paper. I was talking about the LEP, nothing else.

Not wanting to get involved with the insult tennis but this attitude is mental. He played here for half a season. He's been on Everton's books for years and has earned himself a good move to a good club.

He owes us absolutely nothing. Zilch. He repaid the 'faith' we had shown in him in January by scoring a fair few goals for us and that's it. He's a young lad with a whole career ahead of him and has made the decision he thinks is best (and probably is, by the way).

You and Joan sound incredibly bitter and out of touch.
I have already said I sulk when we don’t win or an ex player scores against us, so bitter, yes I make no apology for that. As for out of touch I’m probably that too I was brought up in a different era where you were grateful to those that helped you in your life. I make no apology for that either I learned a long ago to be grateful to people when you were on the up because you may need their help if you fall back down. That’s just me though, you and TC and everyone with the same mindset is free to live by your principles.

No. We found out Cannon was going elsewhere so moved quickly.

Regarding Cannon, from RL press conference today, I am happy to defend my source who told me a deal was agreed on loan over and over and I stuck my neck out on that. It was only a week or so ago that Everton said they wanted a sale which is when I said goalposts had moved. I also reiterated numerous times that we would stump up the cash for a perm - it seems everything I said has been confirmed today regarding TC .. those words came out of RL’s mouth today
Sedge - there have been approaching 2,000 posts on this link. Yours have been of the highest quality info + reliability. So thank you … keep it up please

Quote from wikipedia;

"On 1st September 2023 Osmajic signed for English football club Preston North End for €1.9m on a 4 year contract. He will wear the number 99 shirt and play as a forward position."

Not saying it's true, but I don't recall seeing a no. 99 before!

Screenshot_20230901_163915_Google.jpg

What are you on about? You think he should accept less money and a weaker club, rather than the prospect of an immediate bounce back to the prem because he had a successful half season here previously?
I’ve explained it enough how many explanations do you need? It’s my view tough if you and others don’t like it.

Ridsdale worked an absolute blinder here with folk now furious at Cannon for daring to back himself to deliver for a team with actual ambition.

Sad what followed didn’t show the sentiment.
What would you like him to do to show this sentiment?

He owes us the sum total of fuck all. He wasn't our player. He has made a move that he feels is best for his career. Let's be honest Leicester will be A paying more and B over the course of the season they will probably have a much better shot at the PL than we will have. (Hope I'm wrong on that mind)

Maybe we should have him come back to deepdale one Saturday and have a day where folks can chuck sponges at him in the stocks. Heard it can be quite cathartic

Sad what followed didn’t show the sentiment.

Last thing I’m going to say on this absolute rubbish you’re peddling but fuck it.

There is a member of staff at Everton, who works at their academy. He knows Cannon well (obviously) as he has been at the academy for a number of years.

Not once, has he ever been under the impression Cannon ‘strung us along’ or ‘tried to get a better deal’ with his agent. Cannon wanted to stay at Everton originally and wanted to go out on loan again. To us.

He then found out that Everton had moved the goalposts and wanted to sell him. He wanted to come back here over Stoke/Sunderland/Swansea. However, Leicester then came in and he chose them.

Can you begrudge him? No. He has gone to the probably Championship winners and will be playing PL football next season.

Your myth that he strung us along is absolutely hilarious. It’s simply not true. Not sure what you have against the kid, but clearly it’s some agenda.

He simply wanted to play football.

Last thing I’m going to say on this absolute rubbish you’re peddling but fuck it.

There is a member of staff at Everton, who works at their academy. He knows Cannon well (obviously) as he has been at the academy for a number of years.

Not once, has he ever been under the impression Cannon ‘strung us along’ or ‘tried to get a better deal’ with his agent. Cannon wanted to stay at Everton originally and wanted to go out on loan again. To us.

He then found out that Everton had moved the goalposts and wanted to sell him. He wanted to come back here over Stoke/Sunderland/Swansea. However, Leicester then came in and he chose them.

Can you begrudge him? No. He has gone to the probably Championship winners and will be playing PL football next season.

Your myth that he strung us along is absolutely hilarious. It’s simply not true. Not sure what you have against the kid, but clearly it’s some agenda.

He simply wanted to play football.
aye turning up for selfies both inside and outside the ground.

No way he strung us along at all, did he?

Oh wait, no that was Ridsdales fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.