PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Transfer Window Overview - January 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calm down Sedge. As morrisey once sang "these things take time"

You don't know it is a few hundred grand. We have to be strong in negotiations, we can't roll over and have the piss taken out of us. They may be asking for a large sell on clause which the fans would then criticise if we sold him on. I have faith with this one

Because I've seen this one before ... I don't

Calm down Sedge. As morrisey once sang "these things take time"

You don't know it is a few hundred grand. We have to be strong in negotiations, we can't roll over and have the piss taken out of us. They may be asking for a large sell on clause which the fans would then criticise if we sold him on. I have faith with this one
Pearson has a large sell on clause yet I think most fans would say it was worth it

Yes, because potential buying clubs scout and base an entire decision on one game.

The doom & gloom merchants are in full force on this thread, I see.
Is it me or do agents love it when a club puts all there attention into one player for a said position. Why can't we have 3 or 4 names in the pot of interest.

Yes, because potential buying clubs scout and base an entire decision on one game.

The doom & gloom merchants are in full force on this thread, I see.
It’s not unwarranted though doom and gloom is it?

It happens time and time again. Why do we think such a highly rated player would only have interest from ourselves, clearly there is a queue of bigger, more attractive clubs with one eye on him.

Numerous outlets now reporting Forest’s interest in him. Some also including Derby and Barnsley and the QPR interest hasn’t gone away just yet.

Considering it was close and pretty much a done deal, it would a f*ck up of monumental proportions to miss out on this now. The only permanent signing we’ve been linked with, pursued him heavily, player signalled intent to join, club signalled intent to sign. Only we could mess that up from such a strong position.

Considering it was close and pretty much a done deal, it would a f*ck up of monumental proportions to miss out on this now. The only permanent signing we’ve been linked with, pursued him heavily, player signalled intent to join, club signalled intent to sign. Only we could mess that up from such a strong position.
We're past masters at doing it

From the Athletic article

“Forest have also been scouting Doncaster midfielder Ben Whiteman, 24, who is the subject of strong interest from several other Championship clubs, including Derby County and Barnsley. Preston and QPR have both already had bids turned down for the player, with Preston expected to renew their efforts to sign him

With so many clubs involved — at a time when they want to cut spending, rather than invest significantly in further transfers — it remains to be seen whether Forest will get involved in the bidding”

From the Athletic article

“Forest have also been scouting Doncaster midfielder Ben Whiteman, 24, who is the subject of strong interest from several other Championship clubs, including Derby County and Barnsley. Preston and QPR have both already had bids turned down for the player, with Preston expected to renew their efforts to sign him

With so many clubs involved — at a time when they want to cut spending, rather than invest significantly in further transfers — it remains to be seen whether Forest will get involved in the bidding”

So in short, the writer doesn’t really know but needs to publish an article.

Status
Not open for further replies.