PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Transfer Window Overview - January 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather we got a fee for him. What are our rights? Can DJ just fuck off any offer we get by virtue of signing this pre contract guff?

Any of the 3 (?) who have indicated they will be leaving on a free transfer may as well go to their new clubs now for a nominal fee and free up wages for their replacements.

They've all been on holiday mode for the past 12months anyway so it's no real loss.

Any of the 3 (?) who have indicated they will be leaving on a free transfer may as well go to their new clubs now for a nominal fee and free up wages for their replacements.

They've all been on holiday mode for the past 12months anyway so it's no real loss.
Apart from when on SKY.

If the buying clubs don't need these players until the summer:

1. Why would they agree to pay a fee?

2. Why would they pay the players' wages for an extra 6 months?

More likely we'd be forced to forego a fee and pay some/all of the players' wages ourselves for the last 6 months of their contracts.

Which wouldn't free up wages for replacements.

More likely we'd be forced to forego a fee and pay some/all of the players' wages ourselves for the last 6 months of their contracts.

Then surely the existing can equally refuse to play said players or even let them train with existing squad leaving purchasing club with very unfit players.

Then surely the existing can equally refuse to play said players or even let them train with existing squad leaving purchasing club with very unfit players.
unfortunately our back up players are not good enough as it was proved on Saturday .the likes if Ripley rafferty and the others need to be moved on but who in there right mind would sign them 🤔

I guess so - weakening their squad while continuing to pay them. 🤷‍♂️

It still wouldn't free up wages for replacements.

Apologies, I should have said was thinking in terms of the DJ to Rangers and Davies to Celtic rumours (and Bodin to Hearts would be a good move for everyone... Just throwing it out there!)

I did say nominal fee, as in a low 6-figure sum not the £multimilion deals we thought we'd be fighting off.

If they want a player, surely it would be to strengthen their team immediately and it would be a bonus they got them 6months early before a pre-contract agreement kicked in.

Frankly if any player gets to the point where they have 12 months left on their contract, is offered a new one and refuses it then they are saying they would rather be somewhere else. In that case then whoever they are I would rather they were as well.

the problem is these players like pearson dj and Davies want out .but they know that Neil will play them if fit because we have no one good enough to take there place and that is down to the club owner and Ridsdale

Talk of “if they don’t wanna be here, I don’t want them here” or Let ‘em rot in the reserves - I think should not be so broad brush.

Sure, - some people whose contracts are running down might be unhappy and demotivated. But some may just want to try something different- or look to cash in on bigger wages after several years at PNE - and be perfectly happy and motivated to carry on playing at a good level.

For them, it insults the character if they get slagged off or shunned just because there ultimate departure date has been announced. Got to be done on a case by case basis.

Talk of “if they don’t wanna be here, I don’t want them here” or Let ‘em rot in the reserves - I think should not be so broad brush.

Sure, - some people whose contracts are running down might be unhappy and demotivated. But some may just want to try something different- or look to cash in on bigger wages after several years at PNE - and be perfectly happy and motivated to carry on playing at a good level.

For them, it insults the character if they get slagged off or shunned just because there ultimate departure date has been announced. Got to be done on a case by case basis.

Can't see Pearo not giving 100% in any game....not sure about the other 3... and even less sure about our best RB

Status
Not open for further replies.