PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Transfer Window Overview - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
In and around the play offs for the last three seasons to get to the biggest league in the world. That's a magnificent achievement for a small town club. Have some of you ever been out of Preston? Get on the motorway in Sheffield, drive for Twenty minutes and guess what, your still in Sheffield. The small mindedness of some on here is astonishing to say the least.
It's only a taxi driver could say that! I know you swivel your head when talking to punters, but if you do that when you're typing you'll never see the screen, ah maybe that's it ! Perhaps you need to seriously take a long look at the way in which this club is being run, I wonder if you ever go on North End?

Just in-case you missed it first time - you again forgot to mention Bolton's season tickets started at £262, when you made your cringeworthy comparison :)

I genuinely hope you're on commission for being a proper fanny.
You go and pay £13 to watch Barrow and Salford and ill pay another fiver to watch Derby, Forrest and Rovers.

Rather than veto it would say to me that he has either told them if they sign someone shit he just won't play them or that he will be off.
Not playing them if they're shit (which is what he's done up until now) doesn't cover what he said today though - he describes exactly that sort of signing as a "crap signing", and says "I'm not going to allow that to happen... I want to try and make sure that we get the relevant quality that we need to help us, and if we don't then I don't intend on signing anyone".

It's different. He's suggesting we won't sign the crap in the first place.

Not playing them if they're shit (which is what he's done up until now) doesn't cover what he said today though - he describes exactly that sort of signing as a "crap signing", and says "I'm not going to allow that to happen... I want to try and make sure that we get the relevant quality that we need to help us, and if we don't then I don't intend on signing anyone".

It's different. He's suggesting we won't sign the crap in the first place.
Perhaps it means him and PR are only going to pass on top quality targets rather than work their way down the list

In and around the play offs for the last three seasons to get to the biggest league in the world. That's a magnificent achievement for a small town club. Have some of you ever been out of Preston? Get on the motorway in Sheffield, drive for Twenty minutes and guess what, your still in Sheffield. The small mindedness of some on here is astonishing to say the least.

Are you one of those taxi drivers who drives unsuspecting punters round in a circle just to bump up the fare?

If the answer's "yes" I'll be claiming a £5 per fare rebate back off you for a few Saturday night trips back from town...

We have not been in the play offs, we may have occupied a position during the seasons but we haven’t been in the play offs don’t tell lies. If the club hadn’t been small minded and short term thinking we would have been in the Premiership when Billy Davies was manager so bog off and give one good reason for any lapsed fan to return at this point in time
Joan , don’t take TaxiPete on.... everyone is entitled to their opinion. I have supported North End for 52 years and I was a season ticket holder for about 25 of those seasons.

I took the decision to stop going on in 2013 and nothing has made me go back Since - That is my decision and has got nothing to do with anyone else.

Stop letting Petey bait you, because that is all he is doing !!

I have looked at a few Dutch Newspaper reports since then and none have mentioned a new 4 year deal for Druijf. It could potentially have been someone else? Either way I do hope we are spreading the net a bit wider. For sure the next Pukki ain't playing in League one or two and certainly isn't available in the UK for upto £500k. Not unless we find the next Vardy playing non-league football......
We found Vardy but didn’t rate him!

All Sedds and Hodgson need to do now is add 2 and 2 together and say what we're all thinking. AN is practically willing them to call out Hemmings on his lack of investment and vision.

It certainly won't happen with LP - at least not in any explicit way. I can't remember the last time the Post were really critical of the way the club is run - possibly going back to the days of Norman Shakeshaft?

he does get some stick

dont agree with him but i dont find him a tool at all, just pushes an alternative view, not really horrible to other posters, so i think bally is right tbh

Alternative is one way of describing his understanding of the motorway systems of Sheffield.

Joan , don’t take TaxiPete on.... everyone is entitled to their opinion. I have supported North End for 52 years and I was a season ticket holder for about 25 of those seasons.

I took the decision to stop going on in 2013 and nothing has made me go back Since - That is my decision and has got nothing to do with anyone else.

Stop letting Petey bait you, because that is all he is doing !!
Not baiting Ando, just stating the obvious. I'll remind everyone when Hemmings has gone and we've spent our tenth consecutive season in League One or Two cos that's what will happen. The people of this town simply refuse to get behind the club in large enough numbers. The fact that one man is having to put ten fold what everyone else combined puts in must ring alarm bells because if it doesn't people are just plain thick.

he does get some stick

dont agree with him but i dont find him a tool at all, just pushes an alternative view, not really uniquely horrible to other posters, so i think bally is right tbh

Comments like "The small mindedness of some on here is astonishing to say the least." he deserves everything he gets, who is this intellectual giant?

Status
Not open for further replies.