PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Transfer Window Overview - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hemmings should set the playing budget for the season and then let the people like Ridsdale and the Finance Director determine how that is spent. If he thinks they are incapable then replace them.

We should have tried to tie down the so called big 4 contracts last year. Did we try or have we just left it?

From the outside looking on it feels like an employee of the club would need to go to Hemmings to requisition a new toilet roll.

I appreciate that the owner is spending a lot of money on the club, but it also feels there is a deprivation of oxygen within the club that is taking the life and soul out of the place from contracts to merchandise to ticketing etc.

According to Ridsdale on the recent podcast, that's exactly what happens - Ridsdale was citing that as a reason refunds couldn't be given this season. It's not that there is no budget, it's that the budget isn't big enough!

According to Ridsdale on the recent podcast, that's exactly what happens - Ridsdale was citing that as a reason refunds couldn't be given this season. It's not that there is no budget, it's that the budget isn't big enough!

I don't think this applies for signings though - we seem to have money for players Hemmings approves of (or bargains ala Lowe) but not if he doesn't.

he does get some stick

dont agree with him but i dont find him a tool at all, just pushes an alternative view, not really uniquely horrible to other posters, so i think bally is right tbh
Thanks Calafornia for the balanced opinion. I always try and look at the bigger picture unlike many on here, I presume that's because their quite young. Under the present manager the owner has spent a lot of money and what has he got in return compared to Grayson? Mediocrity is what I'd call it, maybe just maybe he doesn’t want any more of it.
On a side note getting offensive towards individual posters means you've lost the argument

Thanks Calafornia for the balanced opinion. I always try and look at the bigger picture unlike many on here, I presume that's because their quite young. Under the present manager the owner has spent a lot of money and what has he got in return compared to Grayson? Mediocrity is what I'd call it, maybe just maybe he doesn’t want any more of it.
On a side note getting offensive towards individual posters means you've lost the argument
Says the man who in the previous post referred to people as “plain thick”.

Thanks Calafornia for the balanced opinion. I always try and look at the bigger picture. Under the present manager the owner has spent a lot of money and what has he got in return compared to Grayson? Mediocrity is what I'd call it, maybe just maybe he doesn’t want any more of it.

Try posting like this edited version of your original post and you may find you receive far less stick.

Its the condescension that irks many of us I believe.

Not baiting Ando, just stating the obvious. I'll remind everyone when Hemmings has gone and we've spent our tenth consecutive season in League One or Two cos that's what will happen. The people of this town simply refuse to get behind the club in large enough numbers. The fact that one man is having to put ten fold what everyone else combined puts in must ring alarm bells because if it doesn't people are just plain thick.

170px-Prestoncity.jpg

i said, i dont agree with you so dont get too cosy eh ;)

nah, its very complex, but right now we're on the precipices of a damaging period for the prospects of our football team which i dont think can be easily argued away or frustrated supporters told they're fortunate... although i see some of your points and why they have some purchase theres equally a strong argument against it too

Not baiting Ando, just stating the obvious. I'll remind everyone when Hemmings has gone and we've spent our tenth consecutive season in League One or Two cos that's what will happen. The people of this town simply refuse to get behind the club in large enough numbers. The fact that one man is having to put ten fold what everyone else combined puts in must ring alarm bells because if it doesn't people are just plain thick.
A few days ago, I tagged you / quoted you with a question that you declined to answer.

Never mind. I'll try again with a different question.

Why doesn't Hemmings stop buying dross that costs him millions - Boyle, Doyle, Pringle, Grimshaw, O'Connor, Crowe, Ripley, Burke, etc - and instead, just buy 2 maybe 3 quality players that will make the difference? Probably cost around the same amount in wages and transfer fees but probably less in agents fee as there are less to deal with. Answer me this.

Put out a very good product that looks the real deal and punters will pay to watch / attend whatever the platform is on show.

Buy and put out dross and people will simply say "No Thanks" as is their right. And yes, I was there in 1985, I was there under Westley, even attending away games!!

He owns the club and has a million fold of most fans, bloody hell I despair at the gormlessness!

How times have changed..... I am currently watching the “ English Game “ series on Netflix......

it is about a bunch of cotton mill workers who formed a football team ( Darwen ) and they were forced to take a pay cut in thier day jobs to ensure that they kept the jobs, meanwhile the football manager ( The Mill boss ) brought in a couple of lads from Patrick and started paying them £3 a week to play football whilst the rest of the team played for the love of it !!

The manager of Blackburn then approached one of the two players ( Fergus Suter ) and offered him a £100 signing on fee and doubled his wages to £6 a week....

That was back in 1880 and obviously the start of the rot....

And of course, we continued it under Major Sudell.

'The English Game' got quite a slating from the critics but I enjoyed it. It takes quite a few historical liberties but is entertaining informative nonetheless.

He owns the club and has a million fold of most fans, bloody hell I despair at the gormlessness!
I may or may not Joan have more money than you, does that mean I automatically pay more for a season ticket. Most owners of businesses try to run them at a profit. We have no right to his money.

I may or may not Joan have more money than you, does that mean I automatically pay more for a season ticket. Most owners of businesses try to run them at a profit. We have no right to his money.

Erm, he forced the shareholders to sell to him, he knew what that entailed why are you (or he, or anyone come to that) complaining how much it is costing to run. Why buy it then? You are right we have no right to his money, I wouldn’t want it, but equally he has no right to ours either for an inferior product. Sell something worthwhile and people will buy, if not don’t moan you nor he have no moral high ground to stand on, it has been TH own choices that brought us to this point, not mine, not the shareholders, not the people of Preston.

And of course, we continued it under Major Sudell.

'The English Game' got quite a slating from the critics but I enjoyed it. It takes quite a few historical liberties but is entertaining informative nonetheless.
Totally agree Schemer, it is a good watch... I am only 3 episodes in, but loving it so far.

In and around the play offs for the last three seasons to get to the biggest league in the world. That's a magnificent achievement for a small town club. Have some of you ever been out of Preston? Get on the motorway in Sheffield, drive for Twenty minutes and guess what, your still in Sheffield. The small mindedness of some on here is astonishing to say the least.

You of all people should know that you can pick someone up at the Crest Hotel (or whatever it's called this week) to take them to Penwortham and still be north of the river half an hour later 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.