PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Transfer Window Overview - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Players like Macauley Bonne or Cauley Woodrow who have played as centre forwards in the Championship are far better bets than an overpriced Peterborough players who have never played Championship football, or have never played as a lone striker even in League One.

No chance we'll be buying someone like Siriki Dembele to come in as a Championship striker.

If we aren't willing to pay for Championship experienced forwards then we're better off sticking with what we've got than bringing in even more lower league dross.

And that's not me saying I think sticking with what we've got is acceptable. We need to stump up to bringing in a proper striker, not bring in more lower league dross or more wingers who 'might' be able to play up front.

Woodrow is no chance as Hemmings won't release the funds plus Barnsley want something like £2mill for him.

Bonne is wanted by QPR, no point even considering attempting to battle with them for his signature. Plus they still have the money from Eze transfer.

Plus the humiliating and embarrassing 20% wage contribution we put in the deal offered towards Benik Afobe wages for a loan move, this club is an absolute joke.

Everyone has to be realistic now, we aren't going to get the players we want, it'll be the usual 'let's go and bid for the scraps' at the end of the transfer window.

The trouble is, how many of these scraps and cheap options have been a waste of money? Nearly every one that we have bought as a gamble has failed. Maybe only Maguire you could call as having paid off, every single other one has failed and eventually cost us more money. Moult, Burke, Horgan, Boyle, O’connor,
The players that the manager has wanted have gone for more money elsewhere, get the players he wants in and reap the benefits.

The trouble is, how many of these scraps and cheap options have been a waste of money? Nearly every one that we have bought as a gamble has failed. Maybe only Maguire you could call as having paid off, every single other one has failed and eventually cost us more money. Moult, Burke, Horgan, Boyle, O’connor,
The players that the manager has wanted have gone for more money elsewhere, get the players he wants in and reap the benefits.

It's like a vicious circle, it'll keep going round and round in the same direction until something is done regarding getting Hemmings out the club or if he somehow gets a personality transplant and puts the money up needed for the players AN wants.

But the one that sticks out like a sore thumb is Kieffer Moore, if only hemmings shelled out a couple more hundred grand and we would've had that championship striker who can put us beyond that line where we always seem to fail at.

That's another one of those iconic football moments, Ando, that had folk our age in the 1970s recreating it with our brothers and mates in the back garden.
I remember it well. And I think the FA or whatever Authority then subsequently banned that type of move. Bloody spoilsports! 🙄

599 pages and a million posts.....
so that's about one thousand seven hundred posts per page?

Is this million like the millions we paid for Bayliss
There's something not quite right about the club at the moment, I don't swallow the spin on signings, we were told that we are in financially strong position, you would think this would be ideal territory for Hemmings,.
We were told player's contracts were close to being sorted a couple of weeks ago now nothing?
Something in the state of Preston stinks me thinks!

There's something not quite right about the club at the moment, I don't swallow the spin on signings, we were told that we are in financially strong position, you would think this would be ideal territory for Hemmings,.
We were told player's contracts were close to being sorted a couple of weeks ago now nothing?
Something in the state of Preston stinks me thinks!

“Financially strong” seems a bit ambitious, “secure” even doesn’t feel right. “Stable” maybe, static possibly the best decription

I’ve scrolled back 5 pages and can’t find anything to report, except that no wonder we’ve reached 600 pages with some of the rubbish that’s been discussed

Time to import some of the better posts from the 'Robbie Keane' thread 👍

I’ve scrolled back 5 pages and can’t find anything to report, except that no wonder we’ve reached 600 pages with some of the rubbish that’s been discussed

My next ones a quite shocking bomb shell, I'll do the dots but can't comment until it's out in the open for obvious reasons, which will become obvious when I do bear with me on it pls, ..... ...... ...... ...... 15.09.20

This was the post by the guy ott in the fans loosing interest thread who reckons he works for the club (probably a programme seller 😂 )

JamesOB you made the last post on that thread?:unsure:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.