PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Transfer Window Overview - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see WBA looking at him - he's worth it - but I also feel he's halfway between the Championship and the Prem. With STC leaving in addition to more minor fringe players, perhaps the wage increase he'd demand would be worth it... Maybe I've played too much FIFA20 (he rejoined, by the way).

Also - slight tangent - interesting article from the Deepdale Digest about having Bodin up top... Worth a read

Robinson will be playing Premier League football next season. He's been on a different level for West Brom, and only left on loan for game time. He'll likely be rotated in for Europa League fixtures when next season arrives.

Robinson will be playing Premier League football next season. He's been on a different level for West Brom, and only left on loan for game time. He'll likely be rotated in for Europa League fixtures when next season arrives.
Strange situation with Robbo... too good for the Championship, not quite good enough for the prem..

I think West Brom will sign him and he will end up being a bit part player for them next season...

AN isn’t talking about the German league in the context of our recruitment.

We don’t have the scouting infrastructure to properly scout and recruit from abroad. It would need investment in order to put it in place. And given that an expansion of our scouting and recruitment system wasn’t on the cards pre-Coronavirus and its financial impact, it certainly won’t be on the cards now either.

I suspect we will be looking at free transfers only and I have only heard a couple of names we’ve looked at so far. Perhaps some money might be available if we sell multiple players who have a year left on their contract. Right now it’s hard to say how it will pan out.

IMO we need to downsize the squad ahead of next season. I think this crisis has shown that we have far too many contracted players who aren’t really involved.
Any hints on the names of players, besides the obvious Callum from a league one club😂

Is Kevin long still at Burnley? I remember he was linked a few years ago after doing well on loan somewhere. Guess he's mid 20s now so could be a good pick up to replace Ben Davies perhaps?

Robbo will be playing Prem football next season.

Our shopping list is gonna look very different depending on what division we're in. Assuming we don't somehow win the playoffs, then first order of business will be the contracts of Pearson, Davies, Browne. Either they sign or they go. We need it done ASAP so we have as much time as possible to replace them, and so that we have a budget to work with.

It's probably gonna be the single most important transfer window in many years, signings that can either push us on or will see us relegated again.

Is Kevin long still at Burnley? I remember he was linked a few years ago after doing well on loan somewhere. Guess he's mid 20s now so could be a good pick up to replace Ben Davies perhaps?

I believe so, think he was on the bench for them recently.

Sorry couldn't edit the post but just checked and he's 30 in August!!!!:oops: Last went out on loan in 2016 so no idea what he's been doing considering Ben Mee and Tarkowski always play when fit, guess he's one of those happy to pick up a prem wage hardly playing. 13 caps for ROI since 2017 at least.

Seen Everton released a few today, Omar Naisse is pretty rubbish at premier league level but might score a few goals in championship so he might be worth a look if he likes living in North west.

Just got to use loans better imo but then the club seem reluctant to go for any decent ones due to the loan fees and perhaps insistance from parent club of them having to play set number of games. Considering all the money made from player sales in last 3 years you'd think TH could at least stretch to one loan fee considering said parent club will still be paying majority of wages.

Still Swansea got in Brewster and Conor Gallagher and we'll see who's right in five weeks time.

Actually on West Brom I can see Kenneth Zahore being available on loan.

They signed him for about 6m but he's not really figured due to Robson Kanu being in good form and Charlie Austin being the super sub off the bench plus all the other attacking figures they signed.

Not a prolific scorer but he did a good job leading the line when Cardiff went up two years ago and much more proven at championship level than Stockley or Moult.

I'd imagine he'll be on the list considering AN likes a targetman and he will be available.

Yeah it is just dumb that our transfer policy is so primitive.

We are where we are in the league because we got lucky with some signings a few years ago, we arent higher in the league because we didnt get that same luck with our more recent signings.

It's odd TH is so adverse to showing a bit of risk to land the premier league pot of gold, even refusing to give the manager anything when he sells Hugill mid season. Team finished a point or two off the top 6 that season and it's looking increasingly likely same will happen this season.

I know I've said it before but there was far more ambition to get out of league 1 when you think likes of Beckford, Garner and Gally were all signed from league above on I presume decent wages. Add in likes of DJ and Pearson being signed from clubs in that division aswell (Pearson was on loan at Barnsley for first half of the season he joined).

The problem will be what happened under previous ownership between 07-11. Team dosen't go up, key players leave (Nugent, McKenna), mediocre replacements signed (Karl Hawley, Nicholls, Darren Carter, that Macedonian guy), team gets relegated with most of those in the bomb squad and impossible to shift until their contracts ran down.

History is there for TH, he studies the form after all.

Who's he going to be playing in the europa league for?!

Status
Not open for further replies.