PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Where is Deepdale Duck?

Just mentioned how Simon attended my daughters 6th Birthday party at a pub in Newton , not a clue how it came about, turns out my wife has just told me she worked with someone who knew Simon,
I do remember how much money does he cost :eek:nothing at all, just a lift there and back, many thanks Simon, the look on the youngsters faces was a memory never to forget, keep well and many thanks for all the joy over the years, she still has her Deepdale Duck scarf :)

I was rather indifferent when the Duck was first introduced but I remembered reading somewhere that when PNE first acquired the field that became Deepdale there was a duckpond roughly where the centre circle became situated so then it seemed rather appropriate. Indeed he has now become part of the club and I am sorry to see him go. His finest moment was surly when he dived onto Kurt Nogan and joined in the celebrations after Nogan scored out first in that FA Cup match against Arsenal.

PNE should get in touch with Aardman and do a deal with licensing Preston the dog and Shaun the sheep , wearing PNE kit of course. Great commercial opportunity.

Preston the dog was an ugly mutt. But something sheep-like that accorded with our badge might be appropriate.

Last edited:
I was rather indifferent when the Duck was first introduced but I remembered reading somewhere that when PNE first acquired the field that became Deepdale there was a duckpond roughly where the centre circle became situated so then it seemed rather appropriate. Indeed he has now become part of the club and I am sorry to see him go. His finest moment was surly when he dived onto Kurt Nogan and joined in the celebrations after Nogan scored out first in that FA Cup match against Arsenal.
I wasn't aware of the duckpond connection. In fact I thought it was a bit odd when a duck was chosen, as Blackpool used to be led out by a (real) white duck!

The Deepdale Duck is officially retiring! Deepdale will be poorer for his going. His antics with opposition players were hilarious.

The Deepdale Duck is dead…long live the Deepdale Duck!

unfortunately I associate peacocks with tiny brained show offs.

I saw one trying to pull a chicken with its display once. Not for me thanks.

:ROFLMAO:

Let's have a reset. How did we end up with a duck? Apart from it being an alliteration it has nothing to do with our history or heritage.

Let's have a reset. How did we end up with a duck? Apart from it being an alliteration it has nothing to do with our history or heritage.
And yet now the Duck is part of our history and heritage. I remember raising an eyebrow when the Duck was first announced but especially in those early years we knew he was one of our own - a 12th man on the pitch. I used to love watching him warming up with the opposition subs, and of course those celebrations. Memory plays tricks on me, but I am sure the duck was flat out often. The thing is, a mascot could be a person in a suit wandering around waving. Simon made the duck real by putting so much personality into him. So many of those little kids who waved to him have grown up and had their own children wave to him.

That's some brilliant service and to be honest a presentation on the pitch is a good idea, but I'd give him a testimonial too