PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

The Plastics Thread.

The only thing wow about rovers is how many empty seats you have every week.

It might sound odd to you right now, Ribbleton, due to what has been seen over the last 14 years, but I think you will only understand what I mean when Venky's have gone. I think everybody on here will understand my comments at that point too.

There have been flickers of special moments, glimpses of the real Rovers during Venky's reign of terror, enough to suggest that the club still has it. It still has that special edge, it is only being held back by inept senior management and owners. Some examples:

The 0-0 draw away at Anfield in the FA Cup in 2015.

Man Utd bricking playing an Owen Coyle managed League One bound Rovers in the FA Cup in 2017. That really was a shit Rovers side, but they cut United apart to take the lead and they needed Zlatan to rescue them that day. Even in that state, Rovers had United on the ropes. Some things never change!

Numerous wins against Leeds and Newcastle in the Championship, when both of those were heavy promotion favourites.

JDT becoming Rovers manager.

The FA Cup performance against Newcastle a few weeks ago. The performance at Middlesbrough in the last game.

There are flickers there, like I said. It is constant incompetence from the top that has led to Rovers taking one step forward and three steps back on loop for 14 years. That is what has them like this today.

It just needs new owners to come in to bring the real club back out. It's still there!

Copacobana beach or Peppermint Place?..Hmmmm

I can understand why he would choose to go back home, buckshaw. However, I see that decision as him almost calling it a day and going home to relax.

Choosing to play for Flamengo at 31 years of age instead of tasting Premier League football, for a top player like that too, suggests he was done at that time.

There were lots of "can he do it in the Prem" comments aimed at Ronaldinho back in the day, but he was obviously content with what he had done.

Not the same in terms of ability, but Tugay signed for Rovers aged 31, played until he was 39 and is a legend around the place.

It would have been unreal to have seen Ronny at Ewood, but it wasn't to be. He joins the list with Zidane, Roy Keane, Guti and Lewandowski in the 'what might have been' category. All of those were so close to happening!

I can understand why he would choose to go back home, buckshaw. However, I see that decision as him almost calling it a day and going home to relax.

Choosing to play for Flamengo at 31 years of age instead of tasting Premier League football, for a top player like that too, suggests he was done at that time.

There were lots of "can he do it in the Prem" comments aimed at Ronaldinho back in the day, but he was obviously content with what he had done.

Not the same in terms of ability, but Tugay signed for Rovers aged 31, played until he was 39 and is a legend around the place.

It would have been unreal to have seen Ronny at Ewood, but it wasn't to be. He joins the list with Zidane, Roy Keane, Guti and Lewandowski in the 'what might have been' category. All of those were so close to happening!
But it didnt...Shit happens

It might sound odd to you right now, Ribbleton, due to what has been seen over the last 14 years, but I think you will only understand what I mean when Venky's have gone. I think everybody on here will understand my comments at that point too.

There have been flickers of special moments, glimpses of the real Rovers during Venky's reign of terror, enough to suggest that the club still has it. It still has that special edge, it is only being held back by inept senior management and owners. Some examples:

The 0-0 draw away at Anfield in the FA Cup in 2015.

Man Utd bricking playing an Owen Coyle managed League One bound Rovers in the FA Cup in 2017. That really was a shit Rovers side, but they cut United apart to take the lead and they needed Zlatan to rescue them that day. Even in that state, Rovers had United on the ropes. Some things never change!

Numerous wins against Leeds and Newcastle in the Championship, when both of those were heavy promotion favourites.

JDT becoming Rovers manager.

The FA Cup performance against Newcastle a few weeks ago. The performance at Middlesbrough in the last game.

There are flickers there, like I said. It is constant incompetence from the top that has led to Rovers taking one step forward and three steps back on loop for 14 years. That is what has them like this today.

It just needs new owners to come in to bring the real club back out. It's still there!

The only comments I understood is you are delusional. The flickers I’ve seen are you lot getting beat when we play you at yours.

Don’t often see a player so publicly critical of a former manager. Would probably be more hard-hitting if it wasn’t coming from a player who is League 1 standard at best

Hmm. A Champions League winner as a player, a trophy winner as a manager (even if it was with Malmo), a driven, ambitious man with high standards, who wanted to take Rovers up...vs a League One level, shit, donkey defender, who has had countless shaky performances in a Rovers shirt over the years and has made numerous errors leading to opposition goals? Yeah. I know who I'm listening to. These words from Wharton are the words of a loser. It's clear from the interview that he is sulking about not starting the game at Turf Moor. This has nothing to do with tactics. It doesn't matter if he is a Rovers fan to me. Dr Who is a Rovers fan too, that doesn't mean he is good enough to play for Rovers. Get Wharton gone!

That interview sums up the modern day footballer and most definitely the bunch of soft lads in this Rovers squad. The first sign of an ambitious manager demanding high standards, a manager who is trying to drag them and the club uphill, out of their pit of mediocrity, and they start crying about how they don't like it. They stopped playing for JDT and are now trying to blame him instead. They don't deserve to wear that shirt, they don't deserve a manager like JDT. The likes of Wharton, Brittain, Hyam, Dolan etc are not Blackburn Rovers players.

The truth is, JDT did not rate Wharton and had him sussed early doors as not being good enough. He rarely played him as a result, only doing so when he had little other choice.

I have lost count the number of games where Wharton has made the entire defence look nervy with his displays in recent seasons. There was a game against PNE last year where he came on as a sub and destabilised the defence, leading to PNE scoring. He's trying to blame JDT's management style, when he actually isn't good enough to play in his system.

What gets me is, this prick, Brittain, Hyam and a few others are talking about how much they enjoy playing under Eustace...yet they haven't won't an effing game in 10 under him. That says it all. Win a bastard match first before telling the press how much you 'enjoy' playing under Eustace. He's a plodding yes man with no ambition. Of course they are going to like playing for him.

JDT was too good for this bunch. He had too much ambition, class and standards for this setup, for the inept CEO and the clowns that employ him. Sadly, his ambition and standards were only matched by Szmodics and the true Rovers fans who have not been fooled by any of the bullshit of the last 14 years.

Remember what I told you @RibbletonWhite2.0.

Only a handful of clubs have it. Many don't. The wow factor.

The people of Sunderland are left in no doubt about that tonight. This is what Rovers are capable of. Imagine what they would be like with proper owners and a proper board.

Venky's out. Waggott out.

The people of Sunderland are left in no doubt about that tonight. This is what Rovers are capable of. Imagine what they would be like with proper owners and a proper board.

Calm down, they won one fucking game against a shit team in Sunderland who had literally nothing to play for.

You've forgotten about Eustace, you wanted him out after two games. Funny how after a win you don't mention this again.

So you want Eustace in now don’t you?

In out in out shake it all about.

Blackburn are shit get over it. You was literally slagging the players off the other week now you want tk marry them. Weird.

Just seen that the plastics have lost £320 million under the Venky’s in 3 years. Puts our £80 million in 10 years into perspective!

Top game Rovers!

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield