PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

TV Series/Netflix/Box Sets

Finally got around to starting Deadwood. Six episodes in so far. May go for Godless after that!

Have now done two seasons of Corner Gas and have bought some T-shirts. Will have to wear them when we can next go to see Belfast Giants as they usually have a good few Canucks on the roster.

That will probably go down very well.
Maybe keep the word 'jackass' out of any conversations with those big lads.

We'll check out 'Deadwood' later this week 👍

Finally got around to starting Deadwood. Six episodes in so far. May go for Godless after that!

Have now done two seasons of Corner Gas and have bought some T-shirts. Will have to wear them when we can next go to see Belfast Giants as they usually have a good few Canucks on the roster.
It’s absolutely brilliant Justin.

One of my favourite programmes.

There's so much to watch thanks to this thread, we don't tend to watch more than about an hour a night so miles behind.

Just finished the Serpent which was excellent. I wouldn't have thought about it if it wasn't for recommendations on this thread, so thanks to everybody and keep em coming. :)

For anyone who likes to try something different, we watched a Korean film called Parasite on A Prime last week. It's really good but takes a while to get going, once it does though it's a really good film.

It's described as a dark comedy, and it's really funny in parts, but overall it's very dark.

Enjoyed the 1st series. Struggling with the 2nd series a bit as its gone a bit all over the place But Ive started so Ill finish.
We're about half way through the 2nd series and it's good so far. I don't get your point about it being all over the place.

Now we've finished the Serpent we've a couple lined up, Marcella (which has been talked about on here) and Your Honor. From the excerpts it looks promising. I might have problems getting Breaking Bad out of my mind though. :)

Now we've finished the Serpent we've a couple lined up, Marcella (which has been talked about on here) and Your Honor. From the excerpts it looks promising. I might have problems getting Breaking Bad out of my mind though. :)

I turned The Serpent off after twenty minutes but I persisted with Marcella just to see how shit the ending would be.

I wasn’t disappointed.

I turned The Serpent off after twenty minutes but I persisted with Marcella just to see how shit the ending would be.

I wasn’t disappointed.
You really should persist with Serpent too, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

We're about half way through the 2nd series and it's good so far. I don't get your point about it being all over the place.
I dont mind fantastical, but thought it went a bit ridiculous with very tenuous tangents of little obvious relevance. Saw it out last week.

For those who like Narcos, Gomarrah, Zero Zero Zero, give Queen of the South a watch.

Not quite as good as the afore mentioned but I'm giving the first Series 8/10, pretty decent.

For those who like Narcos, Gomarrah, Zero Zero Zero, give Queen of the South a watch.

Not quite as good as the afore mentioned but I'm giving the first Series 8/10, pretty decent.
Have you read the story about Kate Del Castillo from that programme, Sean Penn and El Chapo.

Very interesting.

Probably one of the best dramas I have seen.....From authenticity of the scripts to dialogue and visuals and some of the best unknown actors.

Love/hate.

Have you read the story about Kate Del Castillo from that programme, Sean Penn and El Chapo.

Very interesting.
Yeah I saw something on the news this morning, never had Sean Penn down as a grass :ROFLMAO:

It was only when I read the news article I saw a link between some of the areas in Mexico, the bits about huge underground tunnels to move people and drugs across the border. I thought it was a bit far fetched when I saw Queen of the South, but clearly not.
Have you watched QOTS, what do you think, smashed 5 episodes of series 2 in yesterday.

Yeah I saw something on the news this morning, never had Sean Penn down as a grass :ROFLMAO:

It was only when I read the news article I saw a link between some of the areas in Mexico, the bits about huge underground tunnels to move people and drugs across the border. I thought it was a bit far fetched when I saw Queen of the South, but clearly not.
Have you watched QOTS, what do you think, smashed 5 episodes of series 2 in yesterday.
Haven’t watched it pal.

Might give it a whirl soon though.