PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Alan Browne - 400

Now the season has ended with our traditional whimper, focus will rightly turn to next season. I wasn't bothered about losing DJ last season as I thought he was replaceable fairly cheaply (Mads has ended up being a big upgrade in my opinion), but losing Browne would be a disaster. We could well go into next season without Browne and Millar, and Riis with less than a year on his contract. Take Riis, Browne and Millar out of the current squad and it flips from being a top ten squad with a chance of the play offs, into a bottom half side with half a chance of being dragged into the relegation scrap.

I'm not one for sentiment when it comes to extremely well paid footballers to be honest and I wasn't too sorry to see 50 grand, Pearson etc go because we had the best out of them. A sort of mutual agreement and the best of luck to them....

I think losing Brown ( although not the end of the world) would be false economy on the clubs part. If I had confidence in our recruitment/management then I may think differently but I don't, so I reckon matching his current deal or upping it a bit would be more than reasonable for both parties.

Just my opinion.

I'm not one for sentiment when it comes to extremely well paid footballers to be honest and I wasn't too sorry to see 50 grand, Pearson etc go because we had the best out of them. A sort of mutual agreement and the best of luck to them....

I think losing Brown ( although not the end of the world) would be false economy on the clubs part. If I had confidence in our recruitment/management then I may think differently but I don't, so I reckon matching his current deal or upping it a bit would be more than reasonable for both parties.

Just my opinion.
Your right, re false economy. Nine years championship experience, age 29, captain and full International. Where would you get that experience on a free..........................Preston?.

The unknown is Browne might not want to stay.
Everyone is right in saying he would cost a lot to replace but Browne might have other offers in now that is more tempting and it could be anywhere.
It's pathetic that it has come down to this but I think he has gone.
Well run club? My arse!
RIDSDALE OUT!
Browne was on for negotiations.

We offered less than his current deal.

Since then the club offered what thought would be accepted. It clearly hasn’t been.

I thought Browne would be asking for silly numbers. Told its around what he’s on now.

We clearly haven’t offered that.

And again, as i tell everyone, this isn’t gospel. Sometimes Im right, sometimes it's utter horseshit.

Sorry, I did not make myself clear.
I meant Browne might not want to stay now, after being messed about.
It was clear that he wanted to stay previously and break the record for appearances.
And it makes sense that he asked for a reasonable amount

I have been told by someone connected to Blackpool (I know) that I trust that he has received an offer from another club (wouldn’t tell me who) that we cannot match and the basis of the offer is a punt that he can make a step up due to the champ games and international experience. Out of contract worth a punt, even on 30k a week for a season that is £1.56m if he can’t step up they will sell him for more than that even if he gets 500k signing on fee.

I have been told by someone connected to Blackpool (I know) that I trust that he has received an offer from another club (wouldn’t tell me who) that we cannot match and the basis of the offer is a punt that he can make a step up due to the champ games and international experience. Out of contract worth a punt, even on 30k a week for a season that is £1.56m if he can’t step up they will sell him for more than that even if he gets 500k signing on fee.

Appreciate you passing that info on.

I’d have thought more than one club would have thought of it tbh.

I don't doubt this is what you were told but how would someone connected to Blackpool know these details? Unless.............😮

Browne was on for negotiations.

We offered less than his current deal.

Since then the club offered what thought would be accepted. It clearly hasn’t been.

I thought Browne would be asking for silly numbers. Told its around what he’s on now.

We clearly haven’t offered that.

And again, as i tell everyone, this isn’t gospel. Sometimes Im right, sometimes it's utter horseshit.
Didnt a few people say it was more about the length of the contract rather than an increase in wages?

Who’s that Pearson guy in the red zone?
on a recent TV game morsy got booked and it said something like "this his 14th booking of the season, 2nd highest. Only Pearson has more for Stoke" which probably explains why he is in the red zone... he doesnt win many tackles as he only gets the ball when he misses the man !

McClean was 'the man' against us and we needed a McCann type to mark him....but we didnt have one.

Pearson is a real shadow of his former self. Stoke doesn't suit him, he doesn't suit Stoke, or a bit of both. Not sure whether his head is in it, hard to tell. The lack of discipline side of him seems to have overtaken that fierce competitive nature he had that made him good.

I wouldn't have him back as he is now, not sure whether he could recapture that form he had here.

Browne has had a really good season, hope he signs, but it is looking more unlikely.

Browne has had a decent season & has firmly cemented himself as a PNE Legend. Buit personally I wouldnt be asking for heads to roll if he does leave at the end of the season. I've always thought that he'd be lucky to get a renewal of contract on the same money & length of his current one. We have a pretty decent recent record of letting our star players leave at the right time (i.e. when they are on a downward spiral) - DJ & Pearo - Currently struggling to hold down a place in a lower Championship team - Barky - League One - Robinson - See Pearo & DJ - Hugill - Not a regular starter for a relegated Championship team. Not exactly pulled up any trees have they? And I'd be pleasantly surprised if Browne goes on to hold a regular place down at anyone significantly higher than us. I wouldnt, however, begrudge him the obvious financial benefit. He deserves it. The world would still continue to spin, we would move on & his wage would be freed up to bring in some fresh blood. The miss of his leadership skills as captain would not exactly be the end of the world