PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

English Independence

Should England become a Devolved Nation?

• Yes

Votes: 17 37.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 45.7%
  • Unsure

Votes: 8 17.4%

• Total voters
The Shetland Isles (only Lib Dem in Scotland) have already said that they will break from an independent Scotland leaving Sturgeon with only lucky white heather farms and scotch mist in a can factories as a source of income once the brass plates leave.
The folk I know from the Western Isles, Shetland, and Orkney hate the Edinburgh government as much as the Westminster one!

See Reg's answer #84

Conflating UK loans with IMF/EU membership and financial commitments......still doesnt make you right!
The UK has about 14 billion in it as far as I know. And you can proselytise all you want, best of luck.

The UK has about 14 billion in it as far as I know. And you can proselytise all you want, best of luck.
I'm not proselytising, I'm merely pointing out that trying to spin the Irish bailout as something that the UK did is twaddle. Feel free to carry on posting misinformation and I will feel free to identify the lies and spin.

Many decades ago as a student I used to work for 6 weeks every summer in a pork pie and sausage factory. You really don't want to know what goes into sausages (or pork pies, scotch eggs, pasties etc etc)
I love them all and I'm still here.

I've eaten a whole load of weird things in Asia/China and have not been phased. I was at a reception once munching on the snacks, it was only later I found out one of the nibbles bowls was roast beetles! Yum. 😀

At this particular factory the pigs walked in one end and the products went out the other.....the only bits not used were the bones which were sold on to soap manufacturers and the like
How true this is I am unsure but humour me
My dads mate had an abattoir.
he had a genius idea decades back, a calf that was born and lived their. When brining the cattle through the resident cow went first so the others naturally followed making things a little easier for all if you will.
They took on an apprentice
I bet you can image the next bit ?

Many decades ago as a student I used to work for 6 weeks every summer in a pork pie and sausage factory. You really don't want to know what goes into sausages (or pork pies, scotch eggs, pasties etc etc)
Not at Rounds' pie shop, though. They only put Mannah from Heaven in their Meat and Spud pies.

Think the Jocks want to follow Nicola to the promised land so for me 'ta ta', pull the draw bridge up and cut all financial ties, their choice.
If they'd done it after the first referendum, they'd be bankrupt by now. The reliance on North Sea oil in their finance calls were the stuff of fantasy.
More unbelievable is Sturgeon's claim when she was pitching for the 2nd ref. that the case wasn't based on oil!