PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

FOR SALE

I might well have this wrong, but that sounds a bit like buying an expensive car ridiculously cheap, because the previous owner couldn't afford to run it and it was about to be repossessed. This particular model is high maintenance and notoriously expensive to run, but it's an original and only 12 were made. You then keep and enjoy the car for several years, but then decide you should sell it, as you no longer enjoy it and it's costing you a fortune to run and maintain. You put it up for sale at market value. But then, if someone wants to buy it, you also expect them to pay you back the debt you've racked up running it?? How the hell is that going to happen? The only other alternative is, sell off any saleable extras separately, spend the absolute minimum on the car and run it into the ground, till it packs up and you get scrap value for it.

As I say, I might have it wrong, but that feels like a similar analogy??

Personally, after 56 years of supporting my club, through thick and thin (mainly thin), these buggers have ground me down and going to Deepdale has become a chore. I'll continue to support my team, but not the regime. Let's crack on with administration and do what Bolton and countless other clubs have done I.e. bite the bullet for a few seasons, get behind new owners and start enjoying some football again.
That is a good way of putting it. Everything is a mess with the club right now but to the casual observer things don't seem that bad. 11th in the Championship but only 2 points off the play off places. Over 21,000 on last night and went in at half time 0-0 to a team who qualify for Europe most seasons.

Yet to get to that position we had to spend the majority of the summer budget on a goalkeeper (another Prem loan would have sufficed) and now play with a flat back five with three defensive central midfielders and two forwards who drop behind the ball when we're defending.

Agree. The point I was trying to make was the billionaire family appear to want to sell the club AND be paid back all the costs they've incurred???

The only way I can see them recouping any of their costs is if they sell the club, but keep the stadium and training grounds and rent them to the new owners. But then that makes us even less appealing to the already small pool of potential buyers (if they even exist).

Yes but it’s not the owners fault because we, as a club aren’t known for winning anything, we haven’t for decades, that’s the Advisor’s view. We apparently have to shut up, pay up and expect zilch, nothing, nada, beggar all and be grateful for it too!
Why follow a club that never achieves anything in over 63 years it is the owners responsibility they acquired the club for bugger all . We might as well play non league whats the point .
Hemmings do us all a favour sell the club for a fair and reasonable price as you will never get the amount of millions you tight arses want ,you are killing this once proud club a slow death .Do us all a favour and go .

That is a good way of putting it. Everything is a mess with the club right now but to the casual observer things don't seem that bad. 11th in the Championship but only 2 points off the play off places. Over 21,000 on last night and went in at half time 0-0 to a team who qualify for Europe most seasons.

Yet to get to that position we had to spend the majority of the summer budget on a goalkeeper (another Prem loan would have sufficed) and now play with a flat back five with three defensive central midfielders and two forwards who drop behind the ball when we're defending.
You are very easily pleased ???

The only way I can see them recouping any of their costs is if they sell the club, but keep the stadium and training grounds and rent them to the new owners. But then that makes us even less appealing to the already small pool of potential buyers (if they even exist).
The ground is owned by the council .Just as well too otherwise you would have had houses on it by now

The ground is owned by the council .Just as well too otherwise you would have had houses on it by now
I don't think it is. The Ground is owned by the Club. There is a (I can't think what its called) But the land can only be used for sporting fixtures for I think it was 200 years. In the terms of Hemmings and co getting their money back, that is never going to happen. No offence to them, they have allowed the club to become infested and a drain on their cash. Hemmings should of Built the new training ground and invested in getting us into the Prem. That was their only way of ever making money. It will be the same for any investor. They have to get the club links with the City back, making money and have a few years in the Prem. The options for the roof would be to solar panel them and LED the Floodlights, cheaper to run and generating power the club can sell. Does the ground rainwater harvest? I just hope they don't run their other business interests like they run PNE, because they'll be on fine ice very quickly. Deepdale is just matchday, the rest of the time the club and players have no link to the city. There is no interest away from matchdays for the fans either. Its a mess, its a club thats lost its identity and thats down to the owners. As JK said what else can the fans do, when the club has no interest in its fan base.

I don't think it is. The Ground is owned by the Club. There is a (I can't think what its called) But the land can only be used for sporting fixtures for I think it was 200 years. In the terms of Hemmings and co getting their money back, that is never going to happen. No offence to them, they have allowed the club to become infested and a drain on their cash. Hemmings should have Built the new training ground and invested in getting us into the Prem. That was their only way of ever making money. It will be the same for any investor. They have to get the club links with the City back, making money and have a few years in the Prem. The options for the roof would be to solar panel them and LED the Floodlights, cheaper to run and generating power the club can sell. Does the ground rainwater harvest? I just hope they don't run their other business interests like they run PNE, because they'll be on fine ice very quickly. Deepdale is just matchday, the rest of the time the club and players have no link to the city. There is no interest away from matchdays for the fans either. Its a mess, its a club thats lost its identity and thats down to the owners. As JK said what else can the fans do, when the club has no interest in its fan base.
The rainwater certainly harvested on Saturday.

Shame it was on my head.

The owners of Huddersfield FC have put the club up for sale. Price is £1 (yes £!) plus payoff their debt of £11m

Obviously Hemmings & Co with their inflated for sale price will never get anyone to take the club off their hands.

Perhaps the best we can hope for is that ego man will believe he could rescue a Yorkshire football club and bring it to the high level/standard financially like he has done at PNE, Cardiff et al

So the real asking price any new owners are having to pay is £11m - and Huddersfield do not even own their own ground (it is on lease) or ,as far as I can make out ,the training ground.

Still, a very similar club in size and stature to PNE, but with the benefit of recent premier league exposure, according to the sages on here, there should be a flood of people wanting to buy them. We shall wait and see who they eventually get and what it means for the funding of their club.

The £ 77 m debt is irrelevant; it’s gone and the Hemmings family aren’t getting that back. Interesting though the Huddersfield price; ie effectively £ 11 m which sounds a bit low when compared to what Wigan went for but maybe the fact they don’t own the ground affects that ? That said whilst the Hemmings family effectively own the ground (ok on a long lease) there are restrictions in that lease meaning that it can’t be used for anything else so doesn’t have an alternative use value. What price though for a business probably on a stabilised basis losing about £ 10 m a year ! Probably a lot will depend on what effect the new Premier League/ Sky etc deal will have on Championship finances but would imagine that there’ll still be many owners finding ways around the rules and throwing the kitchen sink at it so others will need to compete. Currently it’s financial madness and who would buy us or indeed most Championship clubs ?

The £ 77 m debt is irrelevant; it’s gone and the Hemmings family aren’t getting that back. Interesting though the Huddersfield price; ie effectively £ 11 m which sounds a bit low when compared to what Wigan went for but maybe the fact they don’t own the ground affects that ? That said whilst the Hemmings family effectively own the ground (ok on a long lease) there are restrictions in that lease meaning that it can’t be used for anything else so doesn’t have an alternative use value. What price though for a business probably on a stabilised basis losing about £ 10 m a year ! Probably a lot will depend on what effect the new Premier League/ Sky etc deal will have on Championship finances but would imagine that there’ll still be many owners finding ways around the rules and throwing the kitchen sink at it so others will need to compete. Currently it’s financial madness and who would buy us or indeed most Championship clubs ?
This sort of stuff is above my pay grade but would the sale of the club include the land at Euxton, Springfields and Ingol or have the Hemmings empire put that into a different company?

So the real asking price any new owners are having to pay is £11m - and Huddersfield do not even own their own ground (it is on lease) or ,as far as I can make out ,the training ground.

Still, a very similar club in size and stature to PNE, but with the benefit of recent premier league exposure, according to the sages on here, there should be a flood of people wanting to buy them. We shall wait and see who they eventually get and what it means for the funding of their club.
The stadium is "also in need of £8m to £10m of investment within a decade to address a backlog of maintenance issues and extend its life beyond 2050", which the club as leaseholder is on the hook to finance.

I wonder how much work Deepdale needs?

This sort of stuff is above my pay grade but would the sale of the club include the land at Euxton, Springfields and Ingol or have the Hemmings empire put that into a different company?
It's in a different company, but only within a holding company structure (the company that owns the stadium etc. also owns PNEFC, the club).

With PNEFC's value being the players (i.e., virtually worthless), no buyer is going to pay money for just that.

I blame Jimmy Hill ! He was largely response for the abolition of the players maximum wage and football has been broken ever since. Unless you’re a player. None of our squad are worthy of huge wages when you compare what they do for a living and how well they do it, yet the reality is the established first teamers are all likely to be millionaires, if not now, they will be over the course of their contracts. This is not sustainable, not right and needs a seismic change in the amount that average footballers are paid for doing a job 99% of the male population would do for free!

I blame Jimmy Hill ! He was largely response for the abolition of the players maximum wage and football has been broken ever since. Unless you’re a player. None of our squad are worthy of huge wages when you compare what they do for a living and how well they do it, yet the reality is the established first teamers are all likely to be millionaires, if not now, they will be over the course of their contracts. This is not sustainable, not right and needs a seismic change in the amount that average footballers are paid for doing a job 99% of the male population would do for free!
this but the big 6 were created when the league voted to halt the sharing of league gates. That meant smaller clubs, in the top flight automatically lost a 50% share of the gates when playing someone like Man Utd.

The change in European competitions also meant that more and more money went to these clubs.

Then theres sky!

this but the big 6 were created when the league voted to halt the sharing of league gates. That meant smaller clubs, in the top flight automatically lost a 50% share of the gates when playing someone like Man Utd.

The change in European competitions also meant that more and more money went to these clubs.

Then theres sky!
Why do BT (and now Prime) always escape this flak?