PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Gerrard at Ibrox?

I see Lennon's calling his players out again.
Warranted?
I didn't watch the game.

I didn't see it either but these are the match stats.

Possession: Ross County 27% - Celtic 73%

Shots: Ross County 6 - Celtic 20

Shots on target: Ross county 4 - Celtic 4

Corners: Ross County 2 - Celtic 9

Rangers now need 7 points from the remaining 8 matches to mathematically clinch the title. If they win the next two which are away to Livingston then home to St Mirren a draw at Parkhead on Sunday March 21st would clinch it. That's presuming Celtic also win their next two which are home to Aberdeen and away at Dundee United.

I see Lennon's calling his players out again.
Warranted?
I didn't watch the game.

I didn't watch it as I thought they'd win but this isn't the 1st time he's thrown them under the bus.

He's a dead man walking. There's not a chance he will be there next season & if he is they better get Celtic Park under 24 hour guard cos there will be protests all day every day.

He has never won a title without:

Rangers having points deducted.

Rangers not in the League.

The title being given by a vote.

Prior to the defeat at Ross County he was still saying it's not over yet. While in reality they had just two chances, extremely remote and no chance. I expect even he would now concede it's just one chance, no chance, and now he will dodge Rangers clinching the title at Parkhead, good old Neil.

I believe Rangers will beat them at Parkhead. Form hasn't been so impressive as it was earlier in the season the past couple of months or so but I feel that began to happen sometime after the Euro football stopped. They go back into Europe last Thursday and take part in a scintillating match scoring 4 goals away from home. Then on the Sunday after a slow start Dundee United are also hit for 4.

Rangers never showed signs of any Euro 'hangover' when playing regular Thursday-Sunday matches. On the contrary more often than not they carried the Euro form into the Sunday game. Maybe they need the challenge of Euro competition to be operating at peak level.

Prior to the defeat at Ross County he was still saying it's not over yet. While in reality they had just two chances, extremely remote and no chance. I expect even he would now concede it's just one chance, no chance, and now he will dodge Rangers clinching the title at Parkhead, good old Neil.

I believe Rangers will beat them at Parkhead. Form hasn't been so impressive as it was earlier in the season the past couple of months or so but I feel that began to happen sometime after the Euro football stopped. They go back into Europe last Thursday and take part in a scintillating match scoring 4 goals away from home. Then on the Sunday after a slow start Dundee United are also hit for 4.

Rangers never showed signs of any Euro 'hangover' when playing regular Thursday-Sunday matches. On the contrary more often than not they carried the Euro form into the Sunday game. Maybe they need the challenge of Euro competition to be operating at peak level.

As a Gers fan this season has been like a dream - not only winning 55 (hopefully) but also to see the implosion of them across the city. Everything has gone wrong for them both on & off the pitch. Not gonna lie I've loved every second of it.

As for Lennon he's bottled it big time. I genuinely think that if Rangers were to clinch the title at Parkhead he would've lost the plot big time. Imagine what it would've been like if fans had been in the stadium, he wouldn't have been able to control himself. I think that's come into the equation for him & he's taken the easy way out.

Either way good riddance to him. Obviously he would never be my favourite person but even putting that aside he is a horrible person & that's me choosing my words very carefully.

Paddy Power (@paddypower) Tweeted: Neil Lennon said: “We have experienced a difficult season due to so many factors, but I hope people will not forget the good times. Those pints by the pool in Dubai were class. F*cking beautiful. Cold glass and everything. Don't regret it.“

I feel Rangers will beat Slavia to go into the last 8. Beyond that who knows.

I think many people are misreading the fact that they put 9 past Antwerp, leading to a suggestion that Antwerp are somehow a poor side. They're not. In the groups Antwerp inflicted the only defeat of the group stage on Totenham, beating them 1-0 in Belgium with Harry Kane, Gareth Bale etc. on the field.

That's no mean feat plus during the return leg in London they only lost 2-0 to register an aggregate of 2-1 across the two legs. Rangers will always adapt to the opposition, if it were a potent attacking force, which Slavia are not, Rangers are more of a potent attacking force, they would adapt to it.

Gerrard is a vastly experienced Euro campaigner who captained a Liverpool side punching way above it's weight at the time all the way to CL glory. He knows how to adapt to different challenges.

More proof if needed that Morelos gets refereed to a different standard in Scotland.

giphy.gif

No penalty & booked for simulation for those that didn't see the game.

Even the opposition manager said it was a spot kick.

More proof if needed that Morelos gets refereed to a different standard in Scotland.

giphy.gif

No penalty & booked for simulation for those that didn't see the game.

Even the opposition manager said it was a spot kick.
Could he have stayed on his feet? I think so.

If this was a Preston player going down would I be screaming for a penalty? Absolutely!

It is a good example of what is wrong with the game today - virtually no physical contact is allowed. Youtube Rooney winning that penalty against us in the cup a few years ago - no contact but a penalty given. 40 years ago the forward would have rode the lunge and tried to score, now they feel the slightest brush and go over.

Could he have stayed on his feet? I think so.

If this was a Preston player going down would I be screaming for a penalty? Absolutely!

It is a good example of what is wrong with the game today - virtually no physical contact is allowed. Youtube Rooney winning that penalty against us in the cup a few years ago - no contact but a penalty given. 40 years ago the forward would have rode the lunge and tried to score, now they feel the slightest brush and go over.

Don't disagree with any of that.

Of course he could've stayed on his feet but not only did he not get the decision he gets booked for diving when there is clear contact. Was there enough contact for him to go down? Maybe not but at the end of the day the GK is nowhere near the ball & he's made contact with the striker. Stonewall penalty kick.

Morelos is no angel & has been rightly punished for his misdemeanors in the past but I think his reputation has preceded him there. I am 100% convinced if that was any other Rangers player Beaton would've given a penalty.

Watched Gerrard's interview after the game this morning (he was sent to the stand at HT for having a pop at the referee), he was raging & rightly so.

Couldn't have written a better script for the season. Earliest the league has been won in almost 120 years. European adventure still ongoing. Gerrard already in the legend annals at Rangers. I had my doubts when he was hired, I was more hopeful than confident. All doubts erased.

Watch right until the end for the save by McGregor.

You will struggle to see a better one for a long long time.