PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

January 2024 : Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nathan Jones?

Bobbage knows !!
Think About It GIF by Identity

I think it's been a very successful and profitable month for the club. Strong and stable. Revitt would doubtless approve.

With 17 senior pros contracted til 2025 and beyond this coming summer should be another relaxed affair. No need (or should I say ability) to make wholesale changes.

Just find some squad filler to replace some of Evans, Cunningham, Bauer and Woodburn and we go again aspiring onwards to midtable.

Yeah, I think if we had one decision maker (rather than the IOM style committee) and if we had a proper replacement lined up - we'd have cashed in Riis that year.

But, we are a reactive club. Not a progressive, modern strategic one. It's why we turned the Callum Robinson money into Stockley, Bayliss, Rafferty, Ripley, Nugent & co.

And have not been able to sell anyone for £1m+ in nearly five years. Whilst other clubs seem to manage to do it on a frequent basis.

Club apologists say there's nothing we can do about our current struggles with FFP. But the answer is to not do, what we have been doing.

Each contract extension to a guy nearing or past 30 just doubles down on it, cementing the next few years to be the same old tedium.

The share issue at companies house would say differently.

Will see what happens this summer, but I'm sure if we sign decent players (on face value) you'll do your usual disappearing act.

Imagine the fume if we bought the top scorer from L2 (like Ipswich have just done) or signed a highly touted youth team player (like others have done), the others I can agree with although one was pushed through my the old owner.

We were going to sign Keiffer Moore instead of Stockley before the old owner refused to pay the extra 300k, but again you seem incapable of talking about the old owners ivory tower management, I wonder why that is? Oh yes because it negates your point.

Here we go...

Just who I wanted to hear from today.

"It’s an unbelievable achievement,” he said. “I’ve been with Alan since I got here so it’s my sixth season with Alan."

Yup, I can't believe you've been here six seasons either Ledo. Unbelievable.

Rotherham closing in on Andy Rinohmota and Norwich closing in on a striker from Bologna

If both of those go through, we will be the only Championship club not to make a signing this window

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.