PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Leagues 1, 2, National League and below.

Chorley within a point of Scunthorpe, who are in second place, Chorley with a resounding 4-1 away win at Bishops Stortford and scunny getting whacked 4-0 away at Darlington.
Chorley with a game in hand over Scunthorpe and most of their close rivals.

Costs of travelling to away games in this league must be killing them.

You’re not kidding, not to mention losing players due to work commitments.

Used to work with a bloke who watched Stortford home and away.

Think it was partly to get away from his wife so he probably loves it.
Bizarre that Stortford are in NL North when Braintree, which is further north is in NL south. The A120 derby……which

Costs of travelling to away games in this league must be killing them.
Yep, its mad that they have to travel as far away as Essex, I think Bishops?.
Even worse the season they spent on the national league, estimated costs £40k. They just couldn't recoup that amount of money. Ridiculous that the prize money doesn't increase accordingly and attendances don't go up enough.
Coupled with having to compete against full time teams with backers, for a hand to mouth team like Chorley there's not much incentive to get promoted.

25 years to the club and that’s the statement they get. Not getting relegated this season so this is just personal

Used to think Andy Holt was the dream owner but he’s shown his true colours over the last few months. Deleted his Twitter account to hide from the backlash

Incredible turnaround for Forest Green Rovers, as I speak they are winning away, which puts them out of the bottom three in Division 2. I wish them well, I haven't been following them much, I know they had a female manager and a few other flops, back a month or so, and they looked doomed, certain for a return to the National League.

I hope they do well and stay up, unusual owner, green project and all that.

He's got some Planes ready to fly apparently. I think they may be powered by water. Or possibly just clean air from the area. God knows. Always seems to make it about him.

No issues with them coming back from dead and buried territory though

Incredible turnaround for Forest Green Rovers, as I speak they are winning away, which puts them out of the bottom three in Division 2. I wish them well, I haven't been following them much, I know they had a female manager and a few other flops, back a month or so, and they looked doomed, certain for a return to the National League.

I hope they do well and stay up, unusual owner, green project and all that.
Steve Cotterill is the current manager. He signed a few old heads, ex Shitpool man Richard Keogh, being one of 'em.

This is what it's all about. Medley of football songs featuring '3 shirts on my line, 'the Robin's aren't bobbins','my football's gone next door', 'wemberlee' and many more.
I really miss Frank.☹