PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Marcus Rashford

For reasons only known to themselves instead of giving £30 vouchers for families to spend on food the government have decided to give the 30 quid a week to private company to deliver food parcels instead.

This is what they are getting for 30 quid

This isnt an isolated case either.

Where's the other £25 gone? Evil bastards.

Why not just give the vouchers? I know the excuse will be it could be used on the wrong items. Well not a good enough excuse. Work with supermarkets to ensure vouchers can't be used on alcohol, fizzy sugary pop, etc. Fresh food and essentials only. £30 should get you the equivalent of beans on toast for 2 weeks plus snacks. They don't expect sirloin steak and dauphinauise potatoes, but come on. That isn't fair.

Why not just give the vouchers? I know the excuse will be it could be used on the wrong items. Well not a good enough excuse. Work with supermarkets to ensure vouchers can't be used on alcohol, fizzy sugary pop, etc. Fresh food and essentials only. £30 should get you the equivalent of beans on toast for 2 weeks plus snacks. They don't expect sirloin steak and dauphinauise potatoes, but come on. That isn't fair.
Threads are full of the usual sun reader replies.
"Urg, cos they spend it on fags and booze"
"I've seen em for sale on Facebook" etc.
The same shit that gets spouted on any thread regarding poor people recieving help.

Meanwhile:

Are waking up yet?

I work with a competitor of Computacenter. This is hardly suprising. They appear to win a lot of big deals with very unclear tender awards. @paddysr will probably know the same as he's in the same industry too.

I work with a competitor of Computacenter. This is hardly suprising. They appear to win a lot of big deals with very unclear tender awards. @paddysr will probably know the same as he's in the same industry too.
Some of the results I see are just crazy.

A lot of the work I do via direct award still has to be transparent so I honestly don't get how they are getting around it.

Sometimes you will see a tender released worth half a million and it will have a 3 day turnaround. It is physically impossible to sort a comprehensive response in that time frame though so they clearly already have a buying in mind and the tenders are written for them specifically.

It has always been the case that the vouchers cannot be used to purchase alcohol and cigarettes, what they are doing is just pure profiteering and it's gross.

Some of the results I see are just crazy.

A lot of the work I do via direct award still has to be transparent so I honestly don't get how they are getting around it.

Sometimes you will see a tender released worth half a million and it will have a 3 day turnaround. It is physically impossible to sort a comprehensive response in that time frame though so they clearly already have a buying in mind and the tenders are written for them specifically.

It is the main reason I don't work on Public Sector accounts any more, having experienced dealing with losing tenders to competitors who simply were £1 cheaper without adding any value, or as above had a response written specifically for them. Lots of my old colleagues still involved in this at my previous companies - some are in good positions due to the accounts they have, others have to scrimp and scrape. I had enough and requested a move to Corporate, which although has its own challenges, I feel much more at home without the red tape.

I'm at CDW now by the way :)

It is the main reason I don't work on Public Sector accounts any more, having experienced dealing with losing tenders to competitors who simply were £1 cheaper without adding any value, or as above had a response written specifically for them. Lots of my old colleagues still involved in this at my previous companies - some are in good positions due to the accounts they have, others have to scrimp and scrape. I had enough and requested a move to Corporate, which although has its own challenges, I feel much more at home without the red tape.

I'm at CDW now by the way :)
Ah cool. Glad you found something.

Credit where it’s due, it takes an unshakeable commitment to evil cuntery to sit there after being forced into feeding hungry children against your will and think, “How can I funnel some of the vulnerable kids’ food money into the pockets of my grotesquely rich donors!!!!”

Credit where it’s due, it takes an unshakeable commitment to evil cuntery to sit there after being forced into feeding hungry children against your will and think, “How can I funnel some of the vulnerable kids’ food money into the pockets of my grotesquely rich donors!!!!”
Honestly, just line the bastards up.

Why is attempting to put this right in the hands of a young footballer.

We’re a country that voted for a piss poor former journalist to run the country.

maybe put Little Mix in charge of distributing the vaccine and have Ron Weasley sort out Test & Trace

This truly is disgusting beyond description. But hardly surprising.
The bunch of mercenaries which is our so called government have used this crisis to direct public funds into the crapriest corner of the private sector.
Serco, typhoid Dido, pest control company suddenly experts in supplying PPE...I could go on for ages as we all know. It really should be plastered all over the front pages. For anyone not familiar with the Good Law Project they are a collective of legal experts working hard to take the government to task over these dodgy deals. They rely only on donations-they are doing some amazing work on our behalf. I urge everybody to take a look at their work and support them if they can. In the absence of anew opposition party with some backbone and a complicit media they are one of our few champions.

This truly is disgusting beyond description. But hardly surprising.
The bunch of mercenaries which is our so called government have used this crisis to direct public funds into the crapriest corner of the private sector.
Serco, typhoid Dido, pest control company suddenly experts in supplying PPE...I could go on for ages as we all know. It really should be plastered all over the front pages. For anyone not familiar with the Good Law Project they are a collective of legal experts working hard to take the government to task over these dodgy deals. They rely only on donations-they are doing some amazing work on our behalf. I urge everybody to take a look at their work and support them if they can. In the absence of anew opposition party with some backbone and a complicit media they are one of our few champions.