PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Poll - Is it time for Frankie to Go?

Should Frankie be sacked ASAP?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this some kind of joke?

Been told by the club captain, the head coach, PR and now the next Messi seani maguire after his wonder strike (first in 1000 games) to keep opinions to ourselves.

I’ll tell you what Seani, I’ll keep my hard earned cash in my pocket, you know the cash I earn watching dour, boring half arsed football you lot serve up week in week out. The cash that contributes towards your wages so you can put shit posts on Instagram in your latest fashion clothes.

This club is a joke. I’m done with the fucking lot of them.

He may as well have just said his opposite numbers read him like a book… and at the very first time of asking (and ever since) he has had no answer to it. If your basic principles of football don’t stand up to the first bit of opposition scrutiny, perhaps the principles are flawed?
And if you don’t have enough in your locker to adapt / improvise / overcome, maybe you should let someone else have a go.

Just my two p.
Well put and definitely worth more than 2p.
Couple of quid at least!!!

Been told by the club captain, the head coach, PR and now the next Messi seani maguire after his wonder strike (first in 1000 games) to keep opinions to ourselves.

I’ll tell you what Seani, I’ll keep my hard earned cash in my pocket, you know the cash I earn watching dour, boring half arsed football you lot serve up week in week out. The cash that contributes towards your wages so you can put shit posts on Instagram in your latest fashion clothes.

Because he knows under a competent manager he would get less game time.

Because he knows under a competent manager he would get less game time.

Just out of interest who would you start up front instead because the options are Riis, Maguire or erm…. Potts?

Obviously joking with Potts. But you see what I mean. The clubs a joke that they are our only two striking options. There is a divide at the minute bigger than I’ve ever seen and bigger than even Westley. Shite manager and he made us a laughing stock but at least he cared for the fans - didn’t he paid for some fans petrol after a JPT game was called off.

The constant slagging off fans isn’t helping. First Browne now Maguire. Frankie and Peter as well. They can all do one. I’ve been on three games this season - first time in ten years I’ve not bought a season ticket and honestly any excuse I get on a Saturday to not attend I will find it.

Just out of interest who would you start up front instead because the options are Riis, Maguire or erm…. Potts?

Obviously joking with Potts. But you see what I mean. The clubs a joke that they are our only two striking options. There is a divide at the minute bigger than I’ve ever seen and bigger than even Westley. Shite manager and he made us a laughing stock but at least he cared for the fans - didn’t he paid for some fans petrol after a JPT game was called off.

The constant slagging off fans isn’t helping. First Browne now Maguire. Frankie and Peter as well. They can all do one. I’ve been on three games this season - first time in ten years I’ve not bought a season ticket and honestly any excuse I get on a Saturday to not attend I will find it.
To be fair to Frankie (and after the tactical ineptitude of Sat it probably is time for him to go) it is hardly his fault that he has no proper strikers to pick from other than Riis.
Maguire is now a no 10 at best. Evans lacks mobility but can put himself about but will only score 5 or 6 at best and Sinclair & Barky can only fill in.
The squad is unbalanced and that is down to Ridsdale!!

Considering his poor strike rate in recent times he's certainly had more positive support from North End fans than he would get at most other clubs.

That said, I do think the local media maybe need to show some restraint and stop trying to stoke the fires with this seemingly endless array of click bait articles.

I get it. They want that delicious ad revenue. But does every interview with a player have to have a line of questioning that delivers these kind of comments.

Obviously the players are dumb as fuck to be saying the words in the first place. I guess media training & communications for the players, is yet another area Ridsdale scrimped on to save some cash.

But the overall effect of these articles is to drive a wedge between players and fans for the sake of clicks. Its pretty distasteful.

To be fair to Frankie (and after the tactical ineptitude of Sat it probably is time for him to go) it is hardly his fault that he has no proper strikers to pick from other than Riis.
Maguire is now a no 10 at best. Evans lacks mobility but can put himself about but will only score 5 or 6 at best and Sinclair & Barky can only fill in.
The squad is unbalanced and that is down to Ridsdale!!
On the other hand, Frankie is the one persisting with 2 strikers when we only have 1 fit out and out striker and leaving both wingers out of position or out the squad

Considering his poor strike rate in recent times he's certainly had more positive support from North End fans than he would get at most other clubs.

That said, I do think the local media maybe need to show some restraint and stop trying to stoke the fires with this seemingly endless array of click bait articles.

I get it. They want that delicious ad revenue. But does every interview with a player have to have a line of questioning that delivers these kind of comments.

Obviously the players are dumb as fuck to be saying the words in the first place. I guess media training & communications for the players, is yet another area Ridsdale scrimped on to save some cash.

But the overall effect of these articles is to drive a wedge between players and fans for the sake of clicks. Its pretty distasteful.
I’d agree if it was just the players saying it….

I'm not sure what he's on about in the Lancs Live article where he says we played 4-3-3 in the last 14 games before he took over. It certainly never looked or felt like an attacking 4-3-3 to me - it was surely 4-2-3-1, with mainly long and hopeful balls up to the '1'?

I'm not sure what he's on about in the Lancs Live article where he says we played 4-3-3 in the last 14 games before he took over. It certainly never looked or felt like an attacking 4-3-3 to me - it was surely 4-2-3-1, with mainly long and hopeful balls up to the '1'?
433. 4231. It's all the same innit. No reference to 4231 in Frankie's late night reading.

51Xj6lyt+3L.jpg

Yeah agree.
I don't think we have played proper 4-3-3 for years!
Not my understanding of it, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.