PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

CONFIRMED Robbie Brady signs New 2 Year Contract.

Good player and happy he's staying. Of course I would love Alvaro back too, but in all likelihood that won't happen, so I hope Brady can mentor Slater and he kicks on. God knows we need someone from the Academy to properly breakthrough.
If that's the case, then team strengthening can be focused elsewhere, i.e. strikers!

Was a good player up to the world Cup break, needs to regain that early season form again

Despite the length of the contract, struggle to see many negatives to this tbh, searching externally for a wing back for transfer would be very costly, and wouldn't be many better we could afford given the limited budget

On his day, he's quality but he did tail off after the World Cup break.

Even with a two year contract and at 31, he's the best we are going to get within our budget.

Happy with this. Proven at this level. Hopefully the 2 year deal is maybe a cut on his current deal for the security of it being 2 years.
Not sure what people expect. If he is not 1st choice then I can’t think of a better backup player.

Personally I'd prefer him playing in midfield, or at LWB with a LW in front of him if Lowe does decide to change formation, as he works a lot better with players around him, as that first half of the season majority of our best play went through him.

But as a LWB as the only wide player, in a style of play that is not possession based that allows him to be high up the pitch then it doesn't really use a

I just hope we don't get the Brady then severely tailed off as his passing was way off what it was in the first half of the season and then the big errors came with it.
It’s not the style that’s doing this, it’s the fact he doesn’t have the legs to get back when we get broken on, and doesn’t have any 1v1 to take on a defender. So he sits deep and punts because he doesn’t have to run and has no defender near him

It’s not the style that’s doing this, it’s the fact he doesn’t have the legs to get back when we get broken on, and doesn’t have any 1v1 to take on a defender. So he sits deep and punts because he doesn’t have to run and has no defender near him
Now that he's "safe" for two more seasons- what is his motivation?
Very good player but as the season wore on, he seemed to lose his heart for the battle.

People moaned that he was on a one year deal. He signs a two year deal and people still moan!!

First half of the season he was great. Only 31 he’s a decent flexible player to have in the squad

This is why I've said he should play in a different position/LWB in a different formation...

I only hope he can re-find his early season form as he tailed off massively. The form he's shown over the past few months has been shocking so I'm not greeting this news with much excitement.

Over to you Robbie...

I am very much in the same boat.

I actually started a thread earlier in the season about just how important he was to the side and then as Alvaro got more game time he tailed away massively following his injury.

It is good to have some experience around the place and when he is on form he can offer that bit of vision we don't have.

Yet very surprised it is two year deal - like you say over to you Robbie to reward that faith shown in you.

I really hope we have another Alvaro type loan lined up though to compliment him.

I still think he'd be useful sat in front of the defence, spraying balls around like Gally did.

Maybe he's our budget Whiteman replacement.

Decent enough backup at lwb for north end standards but shows how bad are recruitment is when we can't find anyone better

I still think he'd be useful sat in front of the defence, spraying balls around like Gally did.

Maybe he's our budget Whiteman replacement.
Yes I’d like to see how he’d do in a more central position where pace is less important but technique more critical

But not the pace, physicality, stamina or 1v1 ability to do so

If he was still a prem quality player he wouldn’t be signing an extension at Preston
Has no pace, can't go past a man, good on the ball, but the majority of balls into the box are from deep positions out wide that cause little issue to defenders, also seems injury prone,so likely to miss a number of games.
Perhaps shows once more our limitations in signing quality players to challenge for a top six position, a signing within the club's budgetary limits set by those in charge of finance.🤔