PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Sinclair

Yep. Said in the match day thread as the first goal was going in, Maguire and Sinclair should be playing each other’s position. They’re both wasted where they started today, Maguire is much more of a threat off the left.
Exactly, let’s hope at half time the players gave Neil a boot up the arse and told him they have had enough of matching up to other teams.

Sinclair has scored a decent number of goals without looking at his best since arriving but you could see the confidence flow once he scored today.

I've noticed he has been coming in for a bit of stick recently but I still believe he will be a key player for us.

I wish i hadn’t watched that, brings back memories of Ewood last season when everything was right, we were allowed to watch football in the stadium and the team looked destined for at least too 6. It‘s going to be a long few months.

On topic, Sinclair is our calmest and most intelligent player but has, on occasion, not been on the same wavelength and his team mates. It seems that is no longer the case.

Was fantastic yesterday in the second half. Looks much better when he's in and around the 18 yard box rather then out wide on the touchline. Must admit when he first came I thought he was a lot quicker. Has he ever been a pacey winger or is it an wrong expectation of him?

Yep. Said in the match day thread as the first goal was going in, Maguire and Sinclair should be playing each other’s position. They’re both wasted where they started today, Maguire is much more of a threat off the left.
And how right you were i wan't to know how the tactical genius can't see that.

The reason he can find space in the middle is because he's starting from the left. It would be different if he played as a 10. Leave him where he is, try and remove any defensive duties from his game, certainly don't play him as a wing back and I'm sure he will use his experience and ability to get into the box and score. He's shown he can finish, in fact he's our best finisher so we need to be getting him on the end of chances as much as possible.

Was fantastic yesterday in the second half. Looks much better when he's in and around the 18 yard box rather then out wide on the touchline. Must admit when he first came I thought he was a lot quicker. Has he ever been a pacey winger or is it an wrong expectation of him?

He said himself when he was being left out of the Celtic team he adapted somewhat, bulked up and became stronger quite possibly because he realised he'd lost that bit of pace to get past players as easily.

Don’t understand that comment. What is he supposed to do when the opposition have the ball?
It's called Shape Damage , one of the new Buzz words , how your formation without the ball, can still hurt the opposition. SS can only hurt teams when he is around 25 yards from goal , we don't need him stuck outwide or helping Hughes out on the cover. Goals win watches not having your most natural finisher wasting his energy. It's a hard one as the Championship is played at such a pace , but if we are going to be a success this season SS will play a massive role.

He has scored 3 goals in 4 games. If he carries on like that, he will score 33 this season!!!

Isn't it Isla St Clair?
I thought this, however.......

I was in a restaurant some while ago and sat on the table next to me were a couple with their little kid. The husband seemed to be rather henpecked and the child seemed spoilt but was also getting his head pecked at too. When the waitress came ‘round, the mother started to refer to her son “Sinjun”. I thought WTF kind of name is that?!! 🤔. I then pulls out my phone to weigh it up and this is what I was greeted with :

No idea if this is the same crack as Scotty or Isla, but it could be.

I disagree. The quality of Sinclair's runs from wide positions is unreal. Against Norwich, we got a goal and they should have had a man sent off from Sinclair getting in behind from wide positions. Their defensive line simply could not pick him up. Harder to disguise movement from a central position.

If Sinclair starts up top, it has to be in a 3-5-2 for me with Riis alongside him. If we are in the standard 4-2-3-1, he really needs to be playing on the wing

To be honest, Ando, i think that probably the only thing not right behind the scenes is our owner's attitude regarding transfers/wage structure......
.... which is more than apparent to the playing staff. Any perceived lack of commitment and ambition (& broken promises?) from on high can only result in disillusionment from the top down through manager, players, staff and fan base.

And after coming from 2-0 down away to win 4-2 is definitely an appropriate time to be discussing this.

.... which is more than apparent to the playing staff. Any perceived lack of commitment and ambition (& broken promises?) from on high can only result in disillusionment from the top down through manager, players, staff and fan base.
Exactly right.