PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Summer 2023 : Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even worth the brain cells it would take to respond

And yes, I agree with your point too about him being best suited for Europe. Spain or Germany would be most likely but Italy would probably be his best bet to improve defensively
I know mate 👍

Hiring James Beet was the most progressive thing this club has done in years. Sadly we then appointed Lowe who wanted his mate James Wallace bringing in so James Beet got shunted into a job way below his skill-set and he is now wasted trying desperately to find loan moves for our youth players who nobody wants.
Yeah, this.

Alvaro would need a complete overhaul of his defensive work to play in a top division side. But, he certainly has a high ceiling in terms of ability to improve on last season.

I just think he's another player who was let down by the brand of football. His best work was all off the cuff stuff where he marauded forward, largely ignoring what team mates were doing.

I think we needed to play him much further up the pitch. But for large parts of the season we operated more as a back five where his defensive fragility was highlighted.

As with the right flank there was very limited support play from whichever LCB he was lumbered with. Until we get better outside centrebacks I just don't see us getting much joy with wingbacks. No matter who they are.

Alvaro would need a complete overhaul of his defensive work to play in a top division side. But, he certainly has a high ceiling in terms of ability to improve on last season.

I just think he's another player who was let down by the brand of football. His best work was all off the cuff stuff where he marauded forward, largely ignoring what team mates were doing.

I think we needed to play him much further up the pitch. But for large parts of the season we operated more as a back five where his defensive fragility was highlighted.

As with the right flank there was very limited support play from whichever LCB he was lumbered with. Until we get better outside centrebacks I just don't see us getting much joy with wingbacks. No matter who they are.
Hughes and Cunningham are both decent in the LCB role at providing support snd Cunningham in particular is good on the ball. The problem with both is availability.

Very slim pickings on the right. We must be so easy to play against. “Oknlads, just let Potts or Storey have the ball, they’ll give it back soon enough”.

Hughes and Cunningham are both decent in the LCB role at providing support snd Cunningham in particular is good on the ball. The problem with both is availability.

Very slim pickings on the right. We must be so easy to play against. “Oknlads, just let Potts or Storey have the ball, they’ll give it back soon enough”.
Neither of them are realistically good enough for a team with aspirations of the playoffs. Hughes was before injury, but his run of knocks has taken that out of him.

They both just “do a job”. And you need better if you’re to progress

Given we have no fit strikers, a complete lack of quality attacking midfielders currently contracted and no decent LWB the LCB issue is way down the list of priorities in my mind.

Would love Alvaro back at Deepdale but there is no way he is ready for the Premier League just yet.

He will go on to be a fine top flight player but definitely needs another good loan.

Didn't expect him back with us but maybe a top flight foreign league.

Neither of them are realistically good enough for a team with aspirations of the playoffs. Hughes was before injury, but his run of knocks has taken that out of him.

Exactly. If we want to stay mid-table or lower then yeah let's keep giving Hughes and Cunningham extensions.

In a 352 setup, the outside centrebacks will be the open man when we attack, so if they don't take any active part its too easy for opponents to shut our wingbacks down.

Our emphatic lack of goals is the end result.

Hiring James Beet was the most progressive thing this club has done in years. Sadly we then appointed Lowe who wanted his mate James Wallace bringing in so James Beet got shunted into a job way below his skill-set and he is now wasted trying desperately to find loan moves for our youth players who nobody wants.
What do James Wallace and MRKT Insights actually do? We’ve gone 3 transfer windows under Lowe and we’ve signed 1 player worth selling on (Woodman), who was on Lowe’s agency!

It’s absolutely scandalous for a club that bemoans relying too much on the owners to be acting like this.

James Beet cast aside for an underperforming outfit. MI need binning off

Therein lies the problem. We're not looking to progress. We are still basking in our "overachievement" at coming 12th

What do James Wallace and MRKT Insights actually do? We’ve gone 3 transfer windows under Lowe and we’ve signed 1 player worth selling on (Woodman), who was on Lowe’s agency!

It’s absolutely scandalous for a club that bemoans relying too much on the owners to be acting like this.

Who knows? They might be doing a great job but if no one wants to listen to them or won’t get the deals done then it’s irrelevant.

And whilst he was our main attacking outlet, his output going forward is nowhere near that of the top wing backs at this level

Agree he was a bit ropey defensively but he was top 10% in the league for take ons.

Probably still needs to work on his all round game to avoid being exposed in the pressure cooker of a top division side, but in this league his offensive stats were v. impressive.

1686828937639.png

Agree he was a bit ropey defensively but he was top 10% in the league for take ons.

Probably still needs to work on his all round game to avoid being exposed in the pressure cooker of a top division side, but in this league his offensive stats were v. impressive.

View attachment 13452
It was his positioning that I felt let him down. There was clear improvement 1v1 but he left himself with more work to do with his positioning

As Simo says, it's hard to know really whether they are providing decent targets and then we simply won't pay or whether they're just sat twiddling their thumbs.

What I would say, is that it's fairly pointless paying them to identify targets if we have no budget. Maybe they were brought in to identify good loan targets but again, that seems like something James Beet could've been doing for probably cheaper.

And eventually starts chucking little strops at players who don't play him in for him.

I'd take Cannon and Delap back but not Parrot.
I remember one game in particular where we had a 2v1 with Cannon in support (at the Town End) & as soon as Parrott got the ball I said to my friend “there’s no way he will pass this”, .which he didn’t & blew the opportunity

Strange how someone with a top Premier League club, playing at the highest international level doesn’t play with his head up.

He’s too slow in movement & thought, too selfish & too expensive for what we would get out of him

He works hard & will improve, but right now needs to spend a season in League one to get some confidence back

Wish him well though

It was his positioning that I felt let him down. There was clear improvement 1v1 but he left himself with more work to do with his positioning

He definitely improved. Much better second half of the season defensively.
He'd massively benefit from another year with us. I think it's a move that would work for both parties.

As Simo says, it's hard to know really whether they are providing decent targets and then we simply won't pay or whether they're just sat twiddling their thumbs.

What I would say, is that it's fairly pointless paying them to identify targets if we have no budget. Maybe they were brought in to identify good loan targets but again, that seems like something James Beet could've been doing for probably cheaper.

Very true, won't stop the agenda'd amongst us though assuming they're sat there twiddling their thumbs because that reflects badly on PR and RL which is ultimately there goal when posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.