PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Summer 2023 : Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ron's a bellend, but genuinely, who the fuck thinks we look tinpot? Nobody else gives a flying fuck, it's just the segment of our fanbase with an inferiority complex.
OK to disagree but as I said make cannon one of our young prospect contracted players having a day out at another club then it'd be reet eh, be good for trust amoung local clubs? And all this speculation and support anticipation has really helped lowey hasn't it, he's been asked a few times about the Cannon links, impact to our window plans probs are significant too. Tinpot indeed.

To be honest, I'm not surprised with the new Tom Cannon news. He's a good player and Everton have played their cards well. As others have said and without wanting to look like Captain Hindsight, I would've moved on a couple weeks ago.

But all this isn't to say our owners don't have a backup plan. The window is still open and there's still time to sign the players we need. Now is the time for them to prove that they know what they're doing. If we finish the window with gaps still in our squad, then we can say it for definite that they don't. Although to be honest the cynical parts of my brain aren't expecting us to fill all the gaps we have

Quite weird really, I’ve found that I just don’t really give a shit about us not getting Cannon. Just finally glad that this boring saga is almost over.

Need some big moves next two days though. Gonna be interesting at least.
Yes, that’s been my way of thinking - probably since Saturday. The loan fee being quoted was, at least in my opinion, not great value and could be better utilised elsewhere. However, Lowe clearly wanted Cannon badly so I can’t blame the club for holding out for him and I also don’t blame the club for us not getting him. Not blaming the club and saying they were unwise (at best) are not mutually exclusive statements.

OK to disagree but as I said make cannon one of our young prospect contracted players having a day out at another club then it'd be reet eh, be good for trust amoung local clubs? And all this speculation and support anticipation has really helped lowey hasn't it, he's been asked a few times about the Cannon links, impact to our window plans probs are significant too. Tinpot indeed.

I'm not judging the chase for his re-signing, we've gone over that for a while. Clearly we wanted him back. He came to watch a game, and was clearly interested in coming back. I just don't think anyone else from any other club gives a solitary flying fuck about it. Same as they didn't when Alvaro came to watch a game.

So something that happens all over the world in football shouldn't happen because you don't agree with it, Jesus christ this really is debating with a donkey.

Well according to the ITKer's it seemed to have worked because he wanted to come to us, only Everton have been fucking us around, I mean if he didn't want to come to us why would he come for the day or be in the directors box.

I mean there's countless times people have looked over at the directors box and seen players in there being given the top treatment, it's how things work. If you choose to ignore that to double down and suit your agenda, continue to do so, it just makes you look thick as fuck.

I know talent aquisition which is transferrable across industry's you clearly don't, it's called buttering up, it happens everywhere.
Gimmie some examples like this one Ron.

Buttering him up 😂😂😂

Where do you get this shit from

He'd be buttered by an accepted bid by Everton, rock start contract, some sort of development plan and exit clause to get him back to the Premier league. All done professionally behind closed doors.

Get in from a crap day at work. Open sky sports app to see TC not in the squad. Rush to the forum to see 35 pages of new chat since yesterday. Surely a good sign..... but no.

If we can't seize the opportunity to build on the best start in 15yrs, I think we can give up hope until we get new owners. I'm not being a drama queen - it's just clear that this is the best chance we've got given the new players we've brought in and the positive start to the season.... But failing to capitalise on the opportunity is a clear demonstration those at the top have no intention of pushing for the top tier.

Thinking about the Alvaro comparison again, could a lot of it have been that as a Manchester United and former Real Madrid player Fernandez has had better social media training, knew better how to behave more responsibly/professionally and didn't allow himself to get swept up by the attention in the same way Cannon did? I'm no fan of St Peter of Wennington but the player himself and his agent also played a part in managing that whole scenario very badly.
Well he’s got him a move?

I’m struggling to understand exactly what harm having TC at deepdale has actually done ? Let alone an incredible fuck up. Please elaborate.
Well let's say it got some people's hopes up.
Maybe not yours but with certain updates saying that we were the favourites with the 1mil loan deal plus the appearance at Deepdale, some of us thought that for once our No.1 target was coming through the door.
I'd love to know what this "verbal agreement " actually stood for.
It looks to me like it's stood for the square root of fuck all to be honest with you.
This feeling of de ja vu is really tough to stomach an I really worry who we will end up with, if anyone!
As for Cannon, I think it will be significantly than the 7mil that's being banded around.
Just to piss us off even more!

Disappointed but at least we haven't spent several years of our transfer budget on one single player.
The next 48 hours is a real test of North End's scouting system.
The succesful start to this season teaches us that there are ready-made bargains to have had- clearly Keane and Holmes want to play for us, have a grasp of the Championship and have integrated immediately.
Yes, we have been beautifully served by both Cannon and Archer, but I believe there are ready-made players available like Keane and Holmes, at maybe £500,000 who will have a bigger impact, immediate and long term, rather than the pot luck of us providing developmental opportunities for a skilful, raw teenager from a Premier League club for one season.
I hope that can be the basis of our Plan B.

Gimmie some examples like this one Ron.

Buttering him up 😂😂😂

Where do you get this shit from

He'd be buttered by an accepted bid by Everton, rock start contract, some sort of development plan and exit clause to get him back to the Premier league. All done professionally behind closed doors.

It's a very common concept, how else do you talent acquire in the professional sense?

You want us to stop showing players round Euxton next?

What about flying Riis over in the private jet? Waste of time was it?

Fuck me, what an idiot.

Well let's say it got some people's hopes up.
Maybe not yours but with certain updates saying that we were the favourites with the 1mil loan deal plus the appearance at Deepdale, some of us thought that for once our No.1 target was coming through the door.
I'd love to know what this "verbal agreement " actually stood for.
It looks to me like it's stood for the square root of fuck all to be honest with you.
This feeling of de ja vu is really tough to stomach an I really worry who we will end up with, if anyone!
As for Cannon, I think it will be significantly than the 7mil that's being banded around.
Just to piss us off even more!
Missed the all important word "less" out!

Status
Not open for further replies.