PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

This corona virus thing...

I thought it was funny how the BBC were lauding this as a great victory for the government last night, at least on Radio 5 before the conference. Literally all they have done is say they’d like to order some of the vaccine, not one step of the process has been anything to do with them. Now it is something to do with them I’m a bit concerned things may not run as smoothly.

Also nice to see the usual idiots of the Tory Party claiming leaving the EU is the reason for the early authorisation of the vaccine. They reckon the reason the rest of the EU hasn’t authorised it is because they are stalling, the head of the regulator must be lying then.

Would anyone who is asymptomatic need to have the vaccine?
Well if you were asymptomatic then you wouldn’t be allowed to have the vaccine until you no longer tested positive

But you would still be asked to have the vaccine because they aren’t sure how long natural immunity remains in the body and what the numbers of antibodies are

I thought it was funny how the BBC were lauding this as a great victory for the government last night, at least on Radio 5 before the conference. Literally all they have done is say they’d like to order some of the vaccine, not one step of the process has been anything to do with them. Now it is something to do with them I’m a bit concerned things may not run as smoothly.

Also nice to see the usual idiots of the Tory Party claiming leaving the EU is the reason for the early authorisation of the vaccine. They reckon the reason the rest of the EU hasn’t authorised it is because they are stalling, the head of the regulator must be lying then.

To be fair , I think Boris gave the credit to the scientists..... his first words were something like “ The scientists have done it ! “

Why would the majority need a vaccine when they only get mild symptoms. My postman had it a few weeks ago i was talking to him his words I've had worse colds.
That’s like saying why should I wear a seatbelt when I’m unlikely to be in a serious crash

People want to get the vaccine to avoid being one of those who develop severe and lifelong side effects

That’s like saying why should I wear a seatbelt when I’m unlikely to be in a serious crash

People want to get the vaccine to avoid being one of those who develop severe and lifelong side effects
Who are those, the minority the elderly those with health problems? As for life long side affects what are those nobody knows they don't even know the affect of the vaccine so how you can even suggest it will avoid so called lifelong side effects is laughable . I think you need to switch off the tv and stop watching the tubes going down peoples throats scaremongering at its best.

Who are those, the minority the elderly those with health problems? as for life long side affects what are those nobody knows they don't even know the affect of the vaccine so how you can even suggest it will avoid so called lifelong side effects is laughable . I think you need to switch of the tv and stop watching the tubes going down peoples throats scaremongering at its best.
What about personal experience? My uncle who was running two half marathons a year now can’t get up and down the stairs without losing his breath, and has had to go to ED twice because he can’t breathe. And he got it in April. So, yeah, I’m pretty sure I’m not just talking about the elderly with health problems

Unless you’re calling me a liar for daring have a different opinion to your narrow viewpoint

What about personal experience? My uncle who was running two half marathons a year now can’t get up and down the stairs without losing his breath, and has had to go to ED twice because he can’t breathe. And he got it in April. So, yeah, I’m pretty sure I’m not just talking about the elderly with health problems

Unless you’re calling me a liar for daring have a different opinion to your narrow viewpoint
You are welcome to your opinion so not at all calling you a liar just looking at the plain facts the majority of people who get it have it mild .

While i feel very sorry for your uncle he is in the very tiny group as with many others who suffer badly with many other illnesses i like to think i am pretty fit as i run most days but you will always hear a story of a runner or fitness fanatic keeling over but it doesn't stop us running.

Its a minority.

You are welcome to your opinion so not at all calling you a liar just looking at the plain facts the majority of people who get it have it mild .

While i feel very sorry for your uncle he is in the very tiny group as with many others who suffer badly with many other illnesses i like to think i am pretty fit as i run most days but you will always hear a story of a runner or fitness fanatic keeling over but it doesn't stop us running.

Its a minority.
It's an interesting debate - personally I hate the idea that our only 'way out' is global vaccination. Would much prefer not to. If we could get the vaccine to behave more as a treatment for the already-infected, then we just need to find a way of putting a red flashing light on their heads. Bob's your uncle.

And just as importantly, they don't want to pass it on to someone who then develops severe symptoms.

So Gavin Williamson has said this morning that you can't go to a 'wet pub' with takeaway food. However, the landlord can order you a takeaway which would mean you having a substantial meal with your drink. That's a big loophole for pubs in tier 2.

So Gavin Williamson has said this morning that you can't go to a 'wet pub' with takeaway food. However, the landlord can order you a takeaway which would mean you having a substantial meal with your drink. That's a big loophole for pubs in tier 2.

Walking round town here last night it's blatantly obvious landlords are just doing what they can. Tables of regulars sat round Pizza Hut boxes(well 2 boxes) in the wet pub yet in the food pubs there were one or two tables used when pre the new rules they would be pretty full. If the pubs are staffing a kitchen and bar they must be losing money hand over fist again.

We've booked to go somewhere over the weekend that have covered their outdoor area and installed heaters. So as it's "outdoors" we can meet some friends for a meal. Would rather be sat indoors eating at either our house, or theirs or a restaurant, but that isn't allowed. Feel so sorry for the hospitality industry, the previous rules on table service we're working more than adequately according to the stats they published, even if they had just enforced those rules a bit better it could have been so much more manageable and potentially allowed them to at least be covering their costs.