PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Ukraine-Russia Conflict

Haunting photo that. The woman is still alive, have a read on Wiki. She's a Canadian citizen now and the doctors initially thought she'd die of her burns.

And the entire attack was a mistake - they thought they were enemy soldiers.
In all my years I cant remember a period of time when the USA wasnt at war with someone.

Haunting photo that. The woman is still alive, have a read on Wiki. She's a Canadian citizen now and the doctors initially thought she'd die of her burns.

And the entire attack was a mistake - they thought they were enemy soldiers.
https://historyofyesterday.com/the-...-photographer-who-saved-her-life-5b9f61229d58

The link you see above is the story of....

The Story of the Napalm Girl and the Photographer Who Saved Her Life​

The Life of Phan Thi Kim Phuc​

Who's they?
The United States of America Air Force
( USAAF ) . It's called (yuk) 'Freindly Fire'
They've staffed & bombed their own guys, and sometimes the British. And I think the RAF have done the same things too, in the heat of battle.
It's just terrible, war.

BBC news stories tend to be trivial and condescending but this beats most of them recently.

Russia's McDonald's replacement runs low on fries

So we're supposed to be happy because the evil Ruskies can't get fries with their MacDonalds. :rolleyes:

Maybe we should put our thumbs in our ears, stick out our tongues, and wave na nana na na at Putin. Seriously, WTF!

BBC news stories tend to be trivial and condescending but this beats most of them recently.

Russia's McDonald's replacement runs low on fries

So we're supposed to be happy because the evil Ruskies can't get fries with their MacDonalds. :rolleyes:

Maybe we should put our thumbs in our ears, stick out our tongues, and wave na nana na na at Putin. Seriously, WTF!

News sites have been obsessed with this story of the Russian takeaways opening up. They obviously want them to fail miserably, just as Russian media have reported that they have done really well.

News sites have been obsessed with this story of the Russian takeaways opening up. They obviously want them to fail miserably, just as Russian media have reported that they have done really well.
I takeaway that you’re pulling funny faces at Putin. 😂

When I worked in Russia (USSR), I knew the places to get the best hamburgers, before MacDonalds ever set foot in their country, the Finnish used to have 'Hamburger Vans' parked up all over the place, selling Burgers, Hot dogs and western drinks, Heineken, Coca Cola, had to pay in hard currency but they were like an oasis in the snow.

I am sure the Russians have learnt how to replicate a MacDonalds, and western enterprises that have pulled out, doubt that they will be mourning the loss of 'Big Mac'.

If only someone had predicted that might happen...

Wasn't fucking rocket science to anyone who knew even the slightest thing about Ukraine - or all those other times we sent weapons to people that ended up in the wrong hands.

Dont worry. Liz postmarked ours to go to Uruguay.

Crisis capitalism at its finest:

:(
Ah this must all be working peoples fault then, as usual.

Ah this must all be working peoples fault then, as usual.
Yup -the IMF and EU are already demanding 'reforms.' Not the reforms needed to tackle corruption, but the reforms needed to plunder the country. Privatisation, selling off assets, cuts to services, and continued attacks on workers. Soon to become a source of cheap labour - Ukrainian refugees are already reporting exploitation :(

The same old playbook.

Last edited:

The important things is that he also did this before the invasion - there has been some dodgy politics going on in Ukraine for a while, with some oligarchs calling the shots. Seems to be a lot of pressure put on people pointing it out - even though it was mainstream news not so long ago.

Dropped this in here from the other thread, too - it is very worrying.

I think Graham Phillips is a dickhead, btw, and don't have much time for him. But, imagine that you have a journalist uncovering British government malfeasance - follow the chain of dominoes and what is to stop the same happening? Other countries, such as Germany, are taking similar actions against journalists.

While I have seen the usual variations of 'Good, they are Kremlin stooges,' it raises a number of concerns. Firstly, we should be able to access all sides of a story. Undoubtedly, sources sympathetic to Russia are often full of BS (as is the case with Ukrainian sources), but that does not mean everything they say is untrue. For example, many people in the East of Ukraine actually do support Russia, and that is very important to know. You need to see all sides to get the complete picture for such a complex and long term conflict.

Secondly, and more seriously, what if this is used during other conflicts. Imagine if governments had these powers during the Iraq invasion...Wikileaks opened that doorway.