PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Ukraine-Russia Conflict

It's a rum do, when one side is righteous, and the other is a spawn of evil.
Yup - as is so often the case in these conflicts, war crimes by 'our' side are glossed over while those of the other are magnified. 'Our' allies don't shell civilians or scatter mines in civilian areas - that is something that only our evil enemies do, of course.

They use propaganda but we don't.

There was some Ukrainian pushback against the Amnesty Report. Zelenskyy seemed to be somewhat pissed off about it.

This one made me laugh

The Ukrainians are accusing the Russians of launching rockets at the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant.

However, as the article actually states, Russian forces have occupied the plant for quite some time. Indeed, the Ukrainians accuse the Russians of storing weaponry in the plant and launching attacks from there.

So, if the Russians store equipment there and have troops operating there, why would they attack it and endanger their own troops and equipment?

The problem with propaganda is that you eventually start tying yourself up in knots and people stop believing you.

This one made me laugh

The Ukrainians are accusing the Russians of launching rockets at the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant.

However, as the article actually states, Russian forces have occupied the plant for quite some time. Indeed, the Ukrainians accuse the Russians of storing weaponry in the plant and launching attacks from there.

So, if the Russians store equipment there and have troops operating there, why would they attack it and endanger their own troops and equipment?

The problem with propaganda is that you eventually start tying yourself up in knots and people stop believing you.
Propaganda doesn't need to be that compelling anymore. People hardly look into things, the headline will do.

Interesting that Ukraine has taken no responsibility for the Crimea explosions - if it had been a rocket strike, then they would have been broadcasting it.

Does make me wonder if there is any truth in this:

If it was a special operation, that would explain the denial - they, correctly, wouldn't want to put their operatives at risk by revealing them. Certainly an impressive raid if it was a sabotage operation.

Why do you keep trying to beat him up?
I askedwhether it would be more appropriate to start a thread on Israel. On a thread about Ukraine and Russia at war in Europe, where Russia are accused of war crimes on a scale not seen since WWII, with Russia already involved in a war in Syria where 300,000 people have died and 10 million displaced. After posting several pro Russian pieces, a disputed piece about another unrelated conflict published by the state arm of a dictatorship gets posted. It’s almost an obsession.