PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

We need to talk about Diane Abbott. Now.

I think it was you that pointed out ( when I posted that she seemed ill ) that she has diabetes which may affect her. I do sympathise with her but also understand she made an awful lot of dodgy comments in her younger days, some of which may not have been forgotten and help lift the figure you report.

I don't think she's doing the party many favours to be honest but you have to admire her ( and her party ) for persevering... I don't know how " abuse " is counted and who determines what it is but that sort of proportion goes way beyond acceptable that's for sure.
It depends what you want out of a politician, Libs.

do you want one that has the Macleans smile and knows all the right things to say, slick, manufactured and word perfect or do you want one that is scrupulously honest and speaks their mind as they see it?

You see the latter, because of the very nature of it, will cock up occasionally, even forget figures, why? Because theyre human.

Thats how i see diane, someone who you can trust not to be spinning turds.

Problem is weve programmed to see someone in an armani suit, with slick delivery but when you lookinto their eyes and words all you really see and hear is bullshit.

do we get the politicians we deserve?

It depends what you want out of a politician, Libs.

do you want one that has the Macleans smile and knows all the right things to say, slick, manufactured and word perfect or do you want one that is scrupulously honest and speaks their mind as they see it?

You see the latter, because of the very nature of it, will cock up occasionally, even forget figures, why? Because theyre human.

Thats how i see diane, someone who you can trust not to be spinning turds.

Problem is weve programmed to see someone in an armani suit, with slick delivery but when you lookinto their eyes and words all you really see and hear is bullshit.

do we get the politicians we deserve?

You've probably sussed this by now but I quite like her...... I have a warped sense of humour but it's not the balls ups that she makes that makes me laugh, it's the fact that she does what the rest of us do..ie drops bollocks.....A few more of em wouldn't go amiss.

We might actually be agreeing on this :)

PS... I don't care whats shes said in the past and I sure as hell don't care that shes black. I do like the fallibility though. It's an endearing trait.

The link I saw suggested most of it is her receiving threats of rape and getting called Nigger a lot.

How thick is that, she is called a disgusting word that is meant to imply someone of a lesser being (well I assume it is) but she is not less enough to make them not fancy her anyway!

I mean that in no disparaging way all, I just mean to point out the stupidity of those that want to believe they are in some way superior (hate that word with a passion). Doh they don’t see the inferior thought process.