PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

The Ryan Lowe Thread!

How would you define it ?
then can compare definations.

I certainlty wouldn't count the QPR, Watford, West Brom, and various other games as fantastic.

We have done better at home than last season results wise but there are very few games I can recall when we have been fantastic.

Although if we don't win on Monday we are only one home winner better off than last season.

Seems to me that Ryan is doing his best to try and make the fans forget the abysmal run in the middle of the season.

Also to add some stats to our "fantastic" home season.

We have kept a clean sheet in 14% of matches, only Blackburn with 9% is worse.
Our Expected Goals For is 0.98 per game, only Rotherham, who have been relegated yonks ago is worse, with 0.84.

To add balance, we have the 7th best points total with 37 points, that is 16 points behind the best, which is Leeds with 53.

I wouldn't call that fantastic, it is barely acceptable.

Stats provided by Footystats website

If seven home defeats is fantasticccch, he’d have to use a new superlative to describe our home form if it had actually been good enough!
Boss lah probably 🤦🏼‍♂️

How would you define it ?
then can compare definations.
Preston have the 7th best home form so to get in the top 6 we’d have to have the 4th best away record. Not the best way to get in to the top 6.

So it’s hardly a fortress or fantastic and I’ll be honest I’ve never been as bored at deepdale as many times as I have over the last 2 seasons.

Also to add some stats to our "fantastic" home season.

We have kept a clean sheet in 14% of matches, only Blackburn with 9% is worse.
Our Expected Goals For is 0.98 per game, only Rotherham, who have been relegated yonks ago is worse, with 0.84.

To add balance, we have the 7th best points total with 37 points, that is 16 points behind the best, which is Leeds with 53.

I wouldn't call that fantastic, it is barely acceptable.

Stats provided by Footystats website
Joint second best number of home wins since being back at the level as well.

Define fantastic Ryan 🙄

Christ. This feels like a lifetime ago;

“It will be an attacking brand where we want plenty of shots and attempts at goal. If we do that, we’ll win more than we lose"

“I attack with six and defend with four and a goalkeeper. I really go all gung-ho at times, just making sure we try to keep the back door locked down"

“Maybe one or two players have had the shackles on and don’t want to run forward just in case they leave a man"

“I’ve looked closely at the squad and the fanbase, we want to excite, we want the fans back in the stadium. They probably haven’t had the best of times of late and we want to bring the good times back"

So happy to finish on 64 points again this season, well done Ryan and co, you know what Peter give him a pay rise too for such an AMAZING job, fantastic my ass.

So happy to finish on 64 points again this season, well done Ryan and co, you know what Peter give him a pay rise too for such an AMAZING job, fantastic my ass.
OK
We finish on 64 points or so.
We finish mid table ish
Not much different either way since our return to the Championship in 2015.
Said it before but if not Lowe, then who's the alternative?
People might not like the man but how has he failed to do what his predecessors have done?
We're a mid table team with a mid table manager with a lower table budget.
Unless we get a large slice of luckl on the pitch and a large slice of luck in the recruitment department then sorry, we'll continue to be Championship material flattering to deceive for large parts of the season before dropping away with the occasional flirt with relegation.

I'm simply sick of listening to Lowe’s drivel and this latest episode is just as deluded as the rest. Our home form is shocking, and the games that we lost to QPR, Sheffield Wednesday, Cardiff and Stoke were hard defeats to swallow, not to mention the demolition jobs by WBA and Watford. Deepdale used to be a fortress, especially under lights, but however you describe Deepdale these days, one thing for sure is that it ain’t no fortress. This self praise is tedious and the fact that he’s prepared to throw others under the bus is the actions of someone with little intelligence imho. This well run club, (my arse), has got to make some massive decisions this summer, or else they will find lots of fans voting to keep their money in their pockets.

OK
We finish on 64 points or so.
We finish mid table ish
Not much different either way since our return to the Championship in 2015.
Said it before but if not Lowe, then who's the alternative?
People might not like the man but how has he failed to do what his predecessors have done?
We're a mid table team with a mid table manager with a lower table budget.
Unless we get a large slice of luckl on the pitch and a large slice of luck in the recruitment department then sorry, we'll continue to be Championship material flattering to deceive for large parts of the season before dropping away with the occasional flirt with relegation.
So what we going to change then? Surely you don’t think people are going to buy into absolute nothingness for another 60 odd years do you, something has to give.

There's only one statistic that I really care about and it's this - for the majority of games since he became manager I've been bored senseless. Don't even get me started on his bloody interviews.
I'm not going on the Leicester game and I'm undecided about renewing.
I've had a season ticket for 25 years even though I'm not originally from around here but the only other time I considered not renewing was under the clown Westley ( luckily he got potted).
Ridsdale OUT
Lowe OUT