PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Leagues 1, 2, National League and below.

I see the human flip flop that is Andy Holt has reactivated his Twitter account after his latest tantrum in March. Wonder when he’ll storm off in a sulk next?

Happy to say I was completely wrong on Chris Beech and there was little more he could have done.

If Fylde can keep their big talents going into the summer (and obviously strengthen) I could see them go up

Happy to say I was completely wrong on Chris Beech and there was little more he could have done.

If Fylde can keep their big talents going into the summer (and obviously strengthen) I could see them go up

If they lose the young striker Ormerod in the summer they'll struggle to replace him.

Bonkers situation developing in the Hellenic League Premier. Cinderford Town won tonight to clinch the final play off place, and will play second placed Corsham Town on Wednesday, with Highworth Town hosting Royal Wootton Bassett Town in the other playoff.

But... Cinderford still have a league game to play, at home to champions Worcester City next Monday, so will have played their playoff semi before completing their league fixtures, and if they lose to Corsham their season will be over with a game left still to play. Never encountered anything like this happening before, anyone else?

It’s all going off in Cinderford.

The rugby team are bottom of National League 1 but can draw level on points with fourth from bottom Bishop’s Stortford if they give them a thumping in the final game of the season a week on Saturday.

I hope they don’t fwiw.

Bonkers situation developing in the Hellenic League Premier. Cinderford Town won tonight to clinch the final play off place, and will play second placed Corsham Town on Wednesday, with Highworth Town hosting Royal Wootton Bassett Town in the other playoff.

But... Cinderford still have a league game to play, at home to champions Worcester City next Monday, so will have played their playoff semi before completing their league fixtures, and if they lose to Corsham their season will be over with a game left still to play. Never encountered anything like this happening before, anyone else?
That's crazy. I've never heard of anything like that before.

Small consolation that Chorley's season is very much alive.
The magpies are guaranteed a play off place. One game to play and 2 points behind Brackley in the coveted 3rd spot.
2nd and 3rd spot go straight into a semi final with home advantage.
Missed a couple of opportunities especially losing away to Kings Lynn in their game in hand last Tuesday.
This time of year especially the full time teams definitely have the advantage.
Most likely scenario is a 4th place finish and a home 'quarter final' tie a week on Wednesday, 7pm ko at victory Park.

Worcester City a famous non league side from the past sold their ground to developers and slid down the leagues, slowly on the way back.

Beat Liverpool in the 1959 FA Cup...

Beat Liverpool in the 1959 FA Cup...

One of the team buses broke down and some had to stand all the way back . Seen coming through the Mersey Tunnel toll booth at about one in the morning .

The former club captain who was the manager was sacked to be replaced by a Mr Bill Shankly .

What he didn't do was replace the backroom staff - the Boot Room

Took a while to get back in the first division too with a lot of players bought and sold .

One of the team buses broke down and some had to stand all the way back . Seen coming through the Mersey Tunnel toll booth at about one in the morning .

The former club captain who was the manager was sacked to be replaced by a Mr Bill Shankly .

What he didn't do was replace the backroom staff - the Boot Room

Took a while to get back in the first division too with a lot of players bought and sold .

At that time, Marcus, they were in the old Division 2 then, as you say, Bill Shankly took over and they've never looked back.

Bury cocked up the chance of winnig the North West Counties by losing 2-1 against Padiham, with one to go the two Wythenshawe teams are both one pint clear of the Shakers.

Skem have been relegated

Screenshot-2024-04-17-160454.png