PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Alex Neil You're An Embarrassment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not agree at all.

Stop pretending we are Liverpool or Man City and in 4 competitions at the same time.

This resting players thing is bollocks, we’ve had a week either side of this fixture with no midweek games, we are not under pressure, we are mid table.

He made too many changes for the game.

Not only that Ron but to play so many players together in a changed team who are poor on form or short of confidence is plain stupidity, it’s done them no good, the club no good and the fans no good.

It is simply bad bad management.

Well it's not considering every team and manager do it.

Your desire to win everything clouds your judgement and logic.

It's a once in a lifetime game for them, let's be real. Not remotely comparable.
I agree, a little like when we had a similar experience when we sold out against Man City, what did we do?

Threw the towel in by playing a weakened team.

Like others Ive been around long enough to remember the thrill of overturning Spurs, the reality, weve done nothing like it since, that was in 1966.

outside Marines ground, just now.

Please tell me the cup means nothing, all those people could easily be arrested.

ErYQxt-W4AQGv2P
Imagine that Bamber Bridge had drawn Spurs, it would be exactly the same scene.

I cannot blame these people after the dire year that was 2020. If it provides a glimmer of happiness as opposed to dark Mental Health, then good on them.

I cannot blame these people after the dire year that was 2020. If it provides a glimmer of happiness as opposed to dark Mental Health, then good on them.

With respect JD that’s nonsense.

Doesn’t matter what the situation is they shouldn’t be out, we’re in lockdown & this is why cases are going out of control.

That debate is for another thread through.

I know where you’re coming from but I Have to disagree mate.

People have had family members die alone and relatives not being able to go to funerals.

Going standing in a crowd of hundreds just to watch a bus go past isn’t on.

With respect JD that’s nonsense.

Doesn’t matter what the situation is they shouldn’t be out, we’re in lockdown & this is why cases are going out of control.

That debate is for another thread through.

I know where you’re coming from but I Have to disagree mate.

People have had family members die alone and relatives not being able to go to funerals.

Going standing in a crowd of hundreds just to watch a bus go past isn’t on.
I abide by the rules, as much as they piss me off, but I can see both sides of this coin as per the photo.

That Crawley performance was everything our 'performance' yesterday wasn't.

I'm not totally defending Neil here, but you simply cannot excuse the players lack of effort. Neil's comments would seem to suggest this lack of effort and endeavour from certain players probably happens in training and that is why they have been nowhere near the starting 11.

They were all crap but one in particular stood out for me and that was Bayliss, does the lad even want to be a professional footballer? His 'attempt' to stop the cross for the third was embarrassing. This was his chance to show something to the manager and supporters but he looked like he couldn't be arsed and was quite rightly hooked at half time.

People might say its down to the manager to motivate the players but no player, whether the like the manager or not, should ever give less than 100%.

Yes, I keep trying to see something in Bayliss and he does occasionally show glimpses but he looks like a rabbit in headlights. He must feel under tremendous pressure to perform when he gets the odd chance but yesterday he was absolutely shocking. I pointed out his error yesterday and it was worse than a defender getting turned or losing a tackle because he simply wasn’t aware of what was going on.

As an aside, and to maybe defend one or two players from yesterday, it’s always easier to come into a side as a new player if you’re playing with established players in an established team. Storey would be better alongside Davies, Rafferty would be better with Barkhuizen in front of him, Baylis with Pearson behind him, Riis with Maguire rather than Stockley. I always remember the way England used to do friendlies in the 70s and 80s, bring in 5 or 6 new players and expect them to perform straight away - it hardly ever worked. Now, they bring in 1 or 2 and they have a better chance because they’re alongside a set of established players.

Having said that, some of the performances yesterday were indefensible.

Last edited:
They should all be fined. Don’t care whether it’s a once in a lifetime opportunity or not, we’re in the middle of a global pandemic.

Would they be as keen to be out if members of their family have or have had the virus?

Selfish beyond belief.
Unfortunately, we the British are basically selfish and thick as pig shit possibly only rivalled by Americans.

I’m pretty sure that AN has made it clear who he wants to stay and who is available to leave during this window. Maybe half of yesterdays team knew that no matter how well they played against Wycombe they were surplus to requirement??
That’s certainly how the performance looked to me.

So that ponders the question then why play them?

What did he hope to achieve doing so?

It’s his job as manager to get the best out of the players he has got and to get the best results for the club.

If he wants to change players then that’s a gradual process of some leaving and others arriving, he can’t just decide he has a team full of players he wants rid off, unless his name is Westley of course.

Lighten up lad
No mate I won’t.

The NHS are saying they’re having to make choices as to who gets treatment because the numbers are spiralling out of control.

If my severely disabled son happens to get it and needs this, he’ll get looked over for someone else.

But hey, let’s go and watch a bus drive past, even though we can’t see any of them because the windows are tinted🤔

I agree, a little like when we had a similar experience when we sold out against Man City, what did we do?

Threw the towel in by playing a weakened team.

Like others Ive been around long enough to remember the thrill of overturning Spurs, the reality, weve done nothing like it since, that was in 1966.

In retrospect, I agree on that to a degree. Can't remember what the fixture congestion was like around the time though, were we trying to keep players fit for a promotion tilt?

Waiting for the Spurs coach it seems.

If it was carrying strippers doing their stuff I could understand it but looking at 20+ millionaires driving to their place of work - not for me!

Scousers eh!

Status
Not open for further replies.