PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Podcast

Good chat tonight gents, enjoyed it.
Think it's a bit of a shame can't praise Rafferty for his performance lastnight, again, most know his limitations, just decent cause of Potts is harsh, this is what football is about teamwork, working together, winning battles, I don't see how the Potts performance isn't just what's expected and so is raffs. Shame that we can't just praise a decent performance when we see it.

Also on Potts I've been critical of him a lot. But there's no doubt he's having a good start to this season, at last, because last season he was shite. Really immense games away, losing the ball, ok, he needs polishing I'd say but it's coming there's no doubt about it, just look at Browne now, he had loose moments during his development Potts reminds me a bit of that period. But wow, great legs, goal threat every game he's developing into a really really important and decent championship midfielder. We can't have a player for half the games a season though, for him to become one of the main men on the team sheet we need to see this away form transferred into his deepdale displays, obvs goes for the whole team but Potts especially whos best performances majority come away from home.

Good pod, good observations crack on 👍🏻

Last edited:
Think it's a bit of a shame can't praise Rafferty for his performance lastnight, again, most know his limitations, just decent cause of Potts is harsh, this is what football is about teamwork, working together, winning battles, I don't see how the Potts performance isn't just what's expected and so is raffs. Shame that we can't just praise a decent performance when we see it.

Also on Potts I've been critical of him a lot. But there's no doubt he's having a good start to this season, at last, because last season he was shite. Really immense games away, losing the ball, ok, he needs polishing I'd say but it's coming there's no doubt about it, just look at Browne now, he had loose moments during his development Potts reminds me a bit of that period. But wow, great legs, goal threat every game he's developing into a really really important and decent championship midfielder. We can't have a player for half the games a season though, for him to become one of the main men on the team sheet we need to see this away form transferred into his deepdale displays, obvs goes for the whole team but Potts especially whos best performances majority come away from home.

Need to listen to the Pod yet but I read the matchday thread after the game last night as I was out and it’s marked how many people were calling Potts out throughout the game to be taken off or that he was adding nothing or his legs have gone and yet there at 92 mins he’s made the length of the pitch to knock one in. It does seem like we have a base of fans who either want to see negatives or can’t see the positives if they are basic (hence your comment about Browne is another good example of a player who gets maligned often)

Need to listen to the Pod yet but I read the matchday thread after the game last night as I was out and it’s marked how many people were calling Potts out throughout the game to be taken off or that he was adding nothing or his legs have gone and yet there at 92 mins he’s made the length of the pitch to knock one in. It does seem like we have a base of fans who either want to see negatives or can’t see the positives if they are basic (hence your comment about Browne is another good example of a player who gets maligned often)
Gladly Browne now is a giant and a consistent performer. Did have some quieter spells last season, but he's showing us all how essential he is, really pleased for him.

There is a bit of a division on certain players and I hope, apart from the evaporation in patience with absolute donkey stockley, that on the whole I try and be measured. So for Potts there's some that 'see' his importance, this can come across as football snobbery, there's a fine line and the pod needs to be aware of. Basically calling out luddites cause they don't 'get it' is not very endearing, but the pod do back up their points usually with stats or examples. My problem with Potts has often been I've felt he's underperforming by a long way, often last season looked heavy and not interested, now, looks a different lad, very engaged and is tracking towards somewhere like his potential. Still got more development for me, I think he could become a very good footballer. Lastly needs to pick up his home performances, but that as I said goes for everyone. No good just being a 'big game' player as he's often been tagged, like that's a good thing, need him smashing reading away and then mid-table teams at home too.

It's a fair point to make, Potts has a bit to go to win over some fans, I personally see their frustration but he's put a run of enough away performances together to show his ability and worth to our team, more development please pottsy!

Nice one @California_PNE he was OK Rafferty but being on his weaker side means it does limit what we can do but can't knock him he's done a decent job and part of a back five that's kept a clean sheet against top of the league!

Nice one @California_PNE he was OK Rafferty but being on his weaker side means it does limit what we can do but can't knock him he's done a decent job and part of a back five that's kept a clean sheet against top of the league!
We've debated it to death on here, and well aware how the pod see it. Let's be honest, he's never gonna be a pipa or a Romeo is he, but when we can press and dominate he's a solid enough, 7/8 out of 10 performer, just basic but does a fine job imo. Where at home, as we've found, hes not suited to this whatsoever.

Think we all agree, but we can back ourselves into a corner with some strong opinions and therefore not see or not allow praise when it's due. But saying that, I've just done that with stockley as I've fucking had enough 😂

Positional heat maps showing average player positions on the pitch
They certainly have them on the SofaScore app.

WhoScored also has heat maps too and touch maps and pass maps. Probably a bit more in depth.

Worth noting that some heat maps are based off average touch position and some are based off average position without the ball, too.

They certainly have them on the SofaScore app.

WhoScored also has heat maps too and touch maps and pass maps. Probably a bit more in depth.

Worth noting that some heat maps are based off average touch position and some are based off average position without the ball, too.
I'll download the app and try that. I was looking at the website