PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

The Queen

Some stunning newspaper front pages from around the world reporting the Queen's death. Also Macron's wonderfully respectful piece about her

It's amazing how Elizabeth the Second was respected and admired around the globe. World Leaders all pay their respects, even those that have no respect for our government.

Probably the greatest ambassador we ever had.

I think many of us share sinclairs views on the monarchy. To bring the "Racist," element into the conversation was completely unnecessary.
I mean this with all sincerity, but that's okay for you to say.

Offensive or mocking comments about the Queen's death are insensitive and cruel and take no consideration that for many she was an important part of their life, their identity, what it means to be British. A bit of empathy and kindness goes a long way here.

Likewise, I would hope you would extend that same empathy to people whose relationship to the Queen, the Monarchy, the Royal Family, the British Empire isn't as straightforward, and of which race, racism and colonialism is very much is a factor. Their voices are valid too.

Not being a dick here, or defending Sinclair particularly just think different people have different views on what is necessary discourse at this time.

I've never considered myself a Royalist, or indeed Anti-Royalst, pretty much unconcerned by it all really. However, The reaction of the mindless, hateful ignorant trolls, coupled with the incredible diginty and warmth shown by (Kiing) Charles have swayed me completely. I'm now felling very much on their side and have been emotinally moved by the events of the last few days. I hear people saying they are ashamed to br British. I'm not, I'm extremley proud to be British and it would seem, so are the vast majority of people within the UK.

I've never considered myself a Royalist, or indeed Anti-Royalst, pretty much unconcerned by it all really. However, The reaction of the mindless, hateful ignorant trolls, coupled with the incredible diginty and warmth shown by (Kiing) Charles have swayed me completely. I'm now felling very much on their side and have been emotinally moved by the events of the last few days. I hear people saying they are ashamed to br British. I'm not, I'm extremley proud to be British and it would seem, so are the vast majority of people within the UK.
I’m fairly new to Twitter and I’ve been disgusted by some of the things I’ve seen posted on there in the last few days.
I’m not a royalist by any stretch but I’m a very patriotic person.
The Queen was a massive part of our English/British heritage. She shouldn’t be accountable for what went before her, she should have been judged for what she did personally and by all accounts she was a thoroughly decent human being. So all these cuntish tweets by Sinclair and the like are bang out of order and show them up for the vile people that they really are.

Glad one of our own is showing some backbone and perspective, and of course he's getting grief for it too.

Usually agree with Kevin but like many of us, Trevor will have signed a contract of employment. Within that contract there will be conditions of behaviour which he has bound himself to because his employer does not wish to be brought into disrepute by association.

I would not call for him to be sacked but this tweet and the fact that he has a conviction for racially aggravated assault and drink driving, calling a police officer a ‘white cunt’ has left him in a precarious position. Only got himself to blame.