PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Alan Browne - 400

I didn't say he was A 10/10 every week. Of course he has had bad spells/shite spells but realistically over the seasons he has probably been our most consistent performer.

As per other posts the biggest concern is letting him go and replacing him with someone with the same quality. That won't happen we all know this so we are left replacing him with a young punt (who in typical pne fashion) we have not got the facilities (youth team or reserve team) to help bed in.
Think we’re more likely to replace him with an old “punt”…

In the past Mr.Hemmings would ensure that this situation would get sorted.

I hope Craig is on top of this alongside Peter.

To lose your longest serving player & club capatin who happens to be one of your best players for FREE would be unacceptable.
He didn't as far as Davies and Pearson were concerned.

Goes without saying that he needs to find another club.
Given Harrop got six years of championship money here, I sadly can't be too sure. I could see him training this summer and earning a contract through being more on fire than ever.

For those interested Harrop has had one start for Cheltenham so far and was subbed off at halftime. Not cos of injury.

Given Harrop got six years of championship money here, I sadly can't be too sure. I could see him training this summer and earning a contract through being more on fire than ever.

For those interested Harrop has had one start for Cheltenham so far and was subbed off at halftime. Not cos of injury.

He was one of four players subbed off at half time tbf!

Last Saturday, he was subbed on after 18 minutes and then subbed off at half time.

We’re lining up the manager to replace Lowe….

If we sign a RWB, then perhaps Potts can play centre midfield?
Give over. Lowey will probably put woodburn at RWB and Potts at left RWB

Being serious though. If Lowe wants to persist with wing backs then signing a recognised pair of them on either side is essential. No more pissing about and experimenting with different square pegs. Problem is i am struggling to see a place for Potts if we shunt him out of RWB.

Maybe as a support for the strikers from the mid?

Give over. Lowey will probably put woodburn at RWB and Potts at left RWB

Being serious though. If Lowe wants to persist with wing backs then signing a recognised pair of them on either side is essential. No more pissing about and experimenting with different square pegs. Problem is i am struggling to see a place for Potts if we shunt him out of RWB.

Maybe as a support for the strikers from the mid?

We will need 2 wingbacks on each side. It will be nice to have options- maybe one more offense minded and one more defensive? Almost like a real club with actual squad planning!

Probably one of the best players at the club. We would not replace him with anywhere near the same quality.

As for the bit in bold. Complete hog wash. He has been with us since he was 17 as he has consistently been one of our top performers. He has been handed extension on extension because he has been consistently one of our top performers if the club wants to cheap out now then that is there deal. But Browne should not have to take a pay cut because "loyalty" says he should.

Would you stay with an insurance company you have been with for 10 years if they halved your cover and double your charge?
Agree

We will need 2 wingbacks on each side. It will be nice to have options- maybe one more offense minded and one more defensive? Almost like a real club with actual squad planning!

Agreed.... Aint going to happen............. So has been eluded to ( 5000 times ) we need to find a different formation. And if the Manager refuses then lose him and employ one that can adapt to what he has and/or what we are prepared as a club to lop out for.

Absolutely correct. We can't even get 1 for either side so I'm really not hopeful that we will manage to pull out a 2 pair 🤣

And squad planning??? We don't do that kind of thing here.

Not surprised in the slightest. It's as if you need to have more to your game than just being ok at free kicks to make it in the game. Who wouldn't thought!

I'm certainly not as high on Browne as others. Would argue that 'club legend' and 'favourite ever PNE player' are wildly overrating him, but fact remains he's been a very decent player and very consistent for the last couple of seasons.

It's huge for our summer that we re-sign him. Otherwise a large chunk of our very limited budget will need to be spent replacing him.

With Millar going back, losing Browne on a free would mean spending significant money just to be at the level of squad we've had this year. Any notion of 'improving' the squad would be way off
I agree with your last two paragraphs.