PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Liam Lindsay signs permenantly from Stoke (Confirmed)

Out of contract in twelve months and as far as I'm aware, has yet to be offered a new deal (only a couple have so far from what I've heard)

We can all see what's coming.
We'll have to target someone with a long throw to bring in then or 90% of our new tactics will be in the bin.

Just shows how naive you are kid! 😂

To be fair to the fella when you tried to copy Chip Barm and claim we would be paying more than 500k when he was insinuating it would be way lower had me starting to doubt you too.

Plus, with Tony Scholes being Uncle Tony, are you sure you're in a position to call anybody kid?

Out of contract in twelve months and as far as I'm aware, has yet to be offered a new deal (only a couple have so far from what I've heard)

We can all see what's coming.
Yes, I'm sure he'll get the token derisory offer in January. 😒 He's just as versatile (if not moreso) than Alan Browne in that he can play RWB, RW and up top, not to mention the added bonus of the long throw. It'd be madness if we were to let him leave and another X against the hierarchy for me.

Can we please just forget ever playing this guy in a back 4. He just cannot do it.

Again, not his fault. The club gave him a deal to sign. I just can't fathom what the big rush was to bring him back ?

If him and Storey are our main partnership over 46 games, I am pretty fearful of what may happen.

Can we please just forget ever playing this guy in a back 4. He just cannot do it.

Again, not his fault. The club gave him a deal to sign. I just can't fathom what the big rush was to bring him back ?

If him and Storey are our main partnership over 46 games, I am pretty fearful of what may happen.
They were cut to ribbons today him and Storey. Spoke to a bloke at half time who was shocked when I said Whiteman looked crap - but he was only shocked because he hadn't realised Whiteman was even playing.

I don’t get what his skill set is. He’s not a passer, he’s not quick, he’s not a ball carrier, he’s not particularly physically powerful and he doesn’t appear to be particularly good at reading the game

He’s also got a terrible habit of rushing out and then not being able to get back fast enough. Happened against Boro last year and we conceded, and happened at least twice today where we almost conceded

I don’t get what his skill set is. He’s not a passer, he’s not quick, he’s not a ball carrier, he’s not particularly physically powerful and he doesn’t appear to be particularly good at reading the game

He’s also got a terrible habit of rushing out and then not being able to get back fast enough. Happened against Boro last year and we conceded, and happened at least twice today where we almost conceded
Similar to Eoin Doyle in the fact that we knew what we were getting back and still went and did it :ROFLMAO: 🙈

Crazy decision to sign HMS Lindsay on a permanent deal. Decent league 1 defender but would still lack pace at that level, in the Championship he's a liability.

He can only play in a back 3 because fullbacks would get in the way of his turning circle.

Crazy decision to sign HMS Lindsay on a permanent deal. Decent league 1 defender but would still lack pace at that level, in the Championship he's a liability.

He can only play in a back 3 because fullbacks would get in the way of his turning circle.
To be fair to Lindsay when he gets going his straight line speed is pretty decent. But my god he takes a while to turn, and he’s very immobile.

Didn't look any worse than any of the others in my view. Looked a class above any of them when he came on today. Worryingly looked a better attacking prospect than anyone in that 2nd half too.
Sepp looked a bright spark today. He got up to the right byeline a few times, but either didn't pull the trigger or found little support in the box.